Chapter 20: Not useless

Start from the beginning

"Pledge loyalty to me, slave or your whole gang will be buried here." He hissed at the man. The man cried and bowed down on Osher's feet.

"I am your slave. Please let my gang go." He begged and Osher hit his head hard.

"What made you think you could come hear into our domain and win?" Osher asked angrily.

I watched him turn to look at Levi. He quickly whipped down his head. "We thought your champion was a wimp when he gave up the match. We stand corrected." He said. I looked at the man in surprise to hear that Levi gave up a match.

Osher laughed and then looked at Levi coldly.

"Get up and move the cockroaches out of my house." He snapped at the man. I watched him comply quickly and rush out. They looked at Levi fearfully and gave him a wide berth even as they collected their comrades and ran.

Osher looked again at Levi. "We need to talk." He told Levi and I watched Levi give him an undecipherable look.

"I need to find a place for Ellie to sleep tonight." He said as he started to walk towards me. I could feel everyone's hostile gaze on me. Osher stopped Levi and said.

"The girl can stay here tonight. Richie and Brenna can go and fix your room." Osher told him. Levi looked at him and I watched Osher gesture with his head to follow him. Levi looked at me and then followed Osher to the house. He stopped when he reached me and told me, I would be fine before going in to the house.

The girl in the leather pants and top came over to me and sneered. "She doesn't even have breasts. Are you sure she is a girl?"

I flared at that. "Sorry to inform you but your comment doesn't bother me at all since I am a boy." I snapped.

She gave me a startled look and then laughed. "A boy who stays behind in a corner cowering in fear! Some boy you are!" She said.

Hans sighed. "Give it a break Brenna. Come girl. I'll show you to your room." He said and I glared at Brenna as I followed him. The girl didn't follow us.

When I was alone with Hans I muttered. "What is wrong with her?"

"Can't you figure? She is jealous." Hans said and I gave him a startled look.

"And angry too." He said.

I looked at him. I had figured no one liked to see me at Osher's house.

"Angry? Why?" I asked him in a bewildered voice as he went through what appeared to me as quite a normal house with a living room, kitchen and dining room on the ground floor and rooms above on the second floor.

"Levi turned down last night's match because he had to save you." He said and my eyes widened.

"Eric is a friend of Osher. We don't fight friends. But last night, not only did Levi leave a match in which we also had a stake but he also fought with Eric to save you." Hans told me and I frowned.

"That man is evil." He said as I shivered in remembrance of what had happened there.

Hans stopped in front of a room and then looked at me coldly.

"Do you love Levi?" He asked me and I flinched.

"N-no. I mean if I did it's none of your business either." I said uneasily and he glared at that.

"Well that explains why you wouldn't care if Levi ends up dying because of you." He said as he folded his hands on his chest and looked down at me with a scowl.

"Dying? I don't know what you mean." I said uneasily.

"This tournament is no joke. It's a big thing for gangsters. Levi is already in a lot of trouble because of the Blood Phoenix heir wiping out his bank account. You know how important money is to him. He participated in the tournament only to earn back that money." He said. I blinked in surprise. By Blood Phoenix heir does he mean Cade?