Only the Best of Me for You

Okay.

This laurel yanny this is making me crazy. Everyone is all what is it what is it but ARE YOU STUPID

AGH

Look ppl it's the frequency in which people hear things. There are small differences in the way the ear interprets things and it changes person to person. That's why some people can have trouble pronouncing things. IT SAYS BOTH, just some people hear it different as both or one of the other.

I can hear laurel, but I can tell how people could say yanny because the computer generated sound has undertones that sound like 'yanny'.

ALRIGHT. NOW SHUT UP UNIVERSE. SCIENCE EXPLAINS THINGS STOP ARGUING GEESUS CRUST.

*Exhales loudly*

Enjoy~

Dan's POV

"How the hell did you get them to do that?" Phil asked.

"I don't know, I guess I was just convincing. All I need is for you to invite her out and I know it'll be a little tough but you can do it right?" he nodded and I headed out of his house and back out to my car.

It was May 19, and we were getting out of school soon. I knew it was a pretty sucky Saturday for (y/n), seeing as it was her dad's birthday, but after that compelling story she told I had to do something for her today. Her mom even thought it was a good idea and teared up when suggested it.

A few years after (y/n) stopped going to the museum, they shut down the exhibit and left it to be changed into something else, which it hadn't and probably wouldn't be for a while. It was just sitting there. Just a few days ago, I had called in, begging the curator of the museum to put it on for one day, and after I had told her story, his attitude changed completely. That's where I was headed now. 

When I arrived, everything was dark and I was greeted by a man at the entrance.

"Thank you for doing this," I said, recognizing the name on his tag.

"That's no problem, we were thinking of opening it up again anyways," he said, leading me into the room. He switched on everything and my eyes darted to the bright moon in the center. She really painted an accurate picture. 

"Woah,"

"Any plan?" he asked. I nodded and we started to plan everything out, my nerves on edge for when she'd arrive.

(y/n)'s POV

"I don't know Phil," I said, my mum coming to the door behind me.

"Come on (y/n), it's just a surprise outing. I know you don't like going out today, but it'll be good for you,"

"Dear, I think it's a great idea. I can drive you two as well," my mum said, and I just looked over at her with pleading eyes. She seemed intent on us going so I just nodded and Phil smiled, dragging me to the car. I was sat in the back with Phil who reached towards my face, a bandanna in his hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked, leaning away from him.

"It's a super surprise, you have to be blind folded," he said as my mum began to back out. I looked to her in protest, but she only shrugged and I groaned.

"Please, you know I hate this, and you're making it worse with the blindfold," I said.

"I know, but trust me it's worth it," he said. I sighed at let him tie it around my eyes. I leaned back my eyes shut within the blue fabric.

"Well you can't blame me for taking a nap," I said, leaning against the steady buzz of the car as it moved.

"Even better," he said, and fell silent, listening to the radio play softly. I just listened until I could feel myself get tired, dozing off lightly. After what felt to be a few minutes, I felt a gentle shake on my shoulder. "Here let me help you inside," Phil said, taking my hand.