They're a Thing

Hey! I'm the poster child for sickness rn, so I'm tripping a little on all this cold medicine so sorry if the chapter makes no sense. I just feel like death so...yeah.

ENJOY!

Dan's POV

I stumbled into school, rather hung over, my head pounding intensely. I glanced over at (y/n)'s locker to see that she wasn't there, like she usually was. Zoe passed and gave me a weary look. Was (y/n) avoiding me? I shook it off, messily throwing books in my locker. I felt a pair of arms snake (hah) around my waist. I looked down at the lavender nails resting on my shirt.

Grace?

"Hey hun, how are you?" She asked. I spun around in her arms, giving her an odd look. "Aww, still hung over, huh?" she asked, pressing a peck to my lips. What happened?!

"You sure did drink a lot, so I wasn't sure you asking me out was true or not, but hi there!" she said.

"Uh, yeah sure."

Grace was nice, maybe this was better. (y/n) clearly was never going to trust me enough to be together in that way. I had to move on anyway, so Grace was a good option.

Right?

"Really? Thanks babe! I knew you wanted to be with me!" she said. Her voice sounded shrill, but I deemed that a side effect of the alcohol. She kissed me, which was pretty good.

"And so you know. I'm okay with you and your play stuff. Just don't make me watch it." she said. She was obviously talking about (y/n), my leading lady. Maybe Grace was better than she let on. She said she was okay with the play which is really nice of her.

She was nice.

I like Grace.

She's good.

I'm moving on.

"Thank you. It's strictly acting." I said, leaning down again to kiss her. I could get used to this. She waved and headed off to her friends. I turned back to my locker to see Phil right in front of me. I yelped and jumped back.

"What are you doing?!" Phil asked. I looked at him, exhausted.

"Look, you might think she's 'crushing' or whatever but I don't and I need to get over it, okay Phil. It's pointless." I replied, shutting my locker. (y/n) rushed past me, her clothes nice and neat, but her hair slightly messy. She must have woken up late. She had slight purple coloring under her eyes and she looked distraught. She shoved her things into her bag and shut her locker, glancing up at the clock. She heaved a sighed and scurried past us, not wanting to talk. I followed after her to math and she slumped in her seat. She put her face in her hands, resting her elbows on her desk. She rubbed her eyes and pulled out her homework.

She really must have not gotten a good nights sleep. I just hope she gets better.

(y/n)'s POV

LATE. That was all my mind was screaming as I hurried into school. I looked like a mess and my mind was still swirling from Grace's threats. Of course, classic me always overthinking and stressing over these things. She obviously meant Dan right? Would she actually physically hurt me?

What is HAPPENING?

I hurried past the buys, not wanting to explain my current state, and Dan followed slightly behind to Math. I slumped in my chair, very aware that Dan was currently studying me. He stayed relatively silent during Math to my advantage and I excused myself to the bathroom instead of walking with him to English. I came in the classroom to see Phil and Zoe sat uncomfortable across from Dan and Grace. She was so close to him, she was nearly in his lap, and her finger swirled little shapes on the back of his hand. They were talking and Phil flashed me a face, followed by Zoe's concerned one as well. I reluctantly made my way over to to the pod of desks and the bell rang.