Mondays

Umm, I feel like this chapter isn't going to be as dramatic, but the next chapter should so....

Enjoy~

Dan's POV

I let all the held up air escape my lungs when she shut the door. I heard a slight commotion inside and I turned around, smiling. I jumped when Phil came into view his face in a childish smirk.

"Yeah, yeah I know. I finally did something." I said.

"But, you said as friends of course. She was about to say yes!" Phil said. "I know (y/n) better than anyone and I can tell she was sad when you said that."

"Whatever." I said, rolling my eyes. I walked beside him.

"So you going to wear matching colors? Getting her a corsage?" Phil pressed, his teeth slipping from his lips to for a giddy smile.

"No, Phil. I might get her a corsage, but we are not matching." I said. Phil nudged me, fixing his fringe. "Have you made a video yet?" I asked. Phil shook his head. "I was thinking I'll call mine hello internet. Does that sound cool?" I asked. Phil nodded, digging my eminent grave. "And I was thinking Danisnotonfire for my name."

"I was thinking AmazingPhil. That's much better than the last username I came up. CoolSnowDude or something." Phil said and I laughed.

"That sounds really cool actually." I said. He nodded and we picked up the pace as it was cold.

"So you really like (y/n), huh?" Phil asked, my face turning rosy.

"I mean, I guess."

"Don't make me go all big brother on you. She doesn't have one so I'll have to suffice." Phil threatened.

"Okay, okay don't go all...big brother." I said, resisting the urge to laugh.

"Good." Phil said. "So, my first video?" Phil started. He began explaining what he was planning and zoned out, thinking about exactly what I was going to wear. "Dan?" Phil asked and I looked over at him. "You'll be fine you know." he said.

"Yeah. I know." I lied, wishing the sensation upsetting my stomach would go away.

~Time Skip~

"Yeah, so I'll pick you up at 6, then we'll get there on time." I said, smiling at her. She grinned and nodded.

"That's perfect, thanks." she said.

"Man, Howell I guess you'll have your hands real full with her at the dance." Some kid commented as he passed. He gained the attention from others in the hall and I felt something inside me snap.

"Oh shut up, you're just some lame jerk that feeds off the gossip for popularity, so why don't you just fuck off." I said. He turned, looking at me angrily. That was one of Austin's friends. Damn it.

"Dan, it's not worth it, let's just get to class." (y/n) said, tugging on my sleeve.

"What's this, trying to corral yet another guy?" the boy pressed. (y/n)'s lips pressed into a thin line and she turned to face him.

"Look, I know you think you're funny and cool, but no one except your dumb friends think so. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of me reacting to such a lie." (y/n) said. She turned to walk away and I followed. "Asshole." (y/n) muttered.

"Exactly." I agreed. She gave me a look and I smiled sheepishly.

"Why'd you ask me?" she inquired. "You could've asked any girl here and they'd love to go to the dance, as friends or not, with you." 

"I just didn't want you to have to go alone. Plus, I really don't want to go with any of the girls here." I replied, my face tinting red.

"Oh, thanks, but I'm fine going alone if you decide you changed your mind in the middle of the week." (y/n) said.

"I really don't think I will." I said.

"You never know." she said. She stopped and watched Grace and Caspar pass, holding hands and smiling. (y/n)'s eye stayed glued to them as they walked. She pointed to her mouth, fake gagging and I laughed. "I honestly don't see it."

"I really don't either." I agreed.

"Both bitches so that's something in common." she commented. "I just really don't feel prepared for 5 days of school."

"No one is. School's a real bastard." I said.

"Mr. Howell, language." a teacher said as she passed. I watched as (y/n) stifled a laugh and I shoved her lightly.

"Shut up." I said, laughing as well. Math and English were fun with her and I headed to French, trying to remember exactly what the homework was.

"Hey, Howell." I turned to see the boy from earlier. "Let's be serious here, that (y/n) chick, is she..." he implied, raising his eyebrows. His friends watched me intently for an answer.

"You're disgusting." I retorted. "Besides, I'm not dating her man."

"You're not? She's free?" he asked.

"Dude, don't. Not cool." I said, clenching my fists.

"But she is? You're taking her to the dance though." he said.

"Seriously, she wouldn't be with you in a million years so just let it go." I said, my heart beat quickening.

"Just you wait Howell." He said smirking. "I might just ask for a dance. You're just going as friends of course." 

"He--" he left and I scurried to class. Both of them plagued my mind the entirety of class. I headed to lunch, glad to be near (y/n). I headed to the cafe to see that guy, sitting next to her at the empty table. He cornered her at the edge of the bench, his arm, against the table, surrounding her. He was talking and smirking, causing my blood to boil.

"You know, of you're free I'd lo--"

"Hey asshole, get lost." I interrupted, approaching the table.

"Dude, I'm just apologizing." he lied.

"I don't care, get out." I said. He shook his head and left and I sat down across from (y/n). She gave me an odd look as Zoe and Phil approached.

"What the hell was that?" she asked, catching both their attentions.

"He's a jerk, just trying to be a player." I said. She shook her head and Zoe began to question her. I zoned out, watching (y/n) as she talked. She seemed stressed and I felt guilt drop in my stomach.

Damn it.

Ew.

This chapter sucked.

I promise the next one will be amazing.

Like Phil amazing.

Stay awesome!

~Calymari