Congregation

I literally have 104 notifications from you guys oml.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

The next morning after visiting Dan, I felt rather embarrassed for crying so hard in front of him, not that I hadn't done it before. Only Phil really knew about that aspect with my dad and it was just hard for me. I didn't run into him in school and he wasn't at his locker. I felt my nerves kick in, worried I scared him away, but I knew I was overreacting. I noticed Zoe passing her eyes red and puffed.

"Hey!" I called and she stopped, but ducked her head. "Zoe what's wrong?"

"Just a rough morning," she said, her voice cracking. I looked around me before pulling her into an empty girl's bathroom.

"Come on talk about it," I urged.

"Well, when I woke up this morning my dad had just come home and he was really drunk," She whispered, fresh tears spilling out of her eyes, "And he was just yelling and freaking out and I think my mum is going to divorce him."

"Oh Zo, I'm so sorry," I said, hugging her round the shoulders. I heard her hiccup with a sob.

"And as if it couldn't get any worse Alfie broke up with me!" She whisper yelled, crying again and slumping to the floor. I hugged her tightly around the shoulders.

"I know, I know it sucks now, but you are one of the strongest people I know Zoe. This is better for your dad and your mum and you too, and you can always talk to me about it you know that," I said, "And Alfie doesn't know what he gave up. You're so beautiful and smart and I know you'll be better than ever. You can take a break from guys and just hang out with your loser friend, me." I heard her laugh slightly.

"Thanks," she said, "I think I'm good for now."

"Here," I said, handing her make up wipes and paper towels for her eyes.

"Always prepared," she said.

"When I try," I said, "Everything will work out Zo, you deserve the best," 

"Thanks, I was close to a panic attack," she said. I hugged her again. I knew she has trouble with that sort of thing and I'm glad she didn't have to go through one alone.

"If you so much as think you'll have one pull me from class and we'll just hang in here for the period yeah?" she nodded and smiled.

"Thanks,"

"Yeah, okay now hurry up trash panda," I said, gesturing to her eyes. She laughed and wiped the smear away. "See? Beautiful, bold, and brand new,"

"Thank you," she said hugging me.

"And a little bossy sometimes," I commented and she hit my back. "I'm kidding, kidding," I said, pulling away.

"See you in English," 

"See you, and don't let anyone bring you down because they're just all sad themselves. Make Alfie eat his goddamn words," I said. She gave a nod and I watched her walk down the hall, a small bounce in her step. I laughed and headed up the stairs, 2 steps at a time. I of course missed one and fell on my face. A few people just walked around me, but one person stopped to help me up. I noticed that it was Alfie himself and I scowled. "I got it," I said, jerking my arms away. I pushed past him, his expression sad.

Why did he do it?

He seemed so happy yesterday and they really like each other. Was it that goddamn football (I mean soccer btw) thing? If so I didn't really want them dating each other again. He was such a douche. As I entered I noticed Dan sitting over a sheet of paper, scribbling frantically. I strolled in, leaning onto my hand and watching him.