Opening Night

Hey.

I'm writing this at 8 at night bc I procrastinate. 

Also, I apologize for not posting on My Angel. Jade, PhyerJynx  has disappeared from the face of the planet and I can't reach her so the chapter will PROBABLY go up tomorrow as well as the regularly scheduled one!!

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I pulled on my jeans, looking in the mirror. I was wearing a dark brunette wig to match that of Gabriella. I was nervously awaiting the first performance. Where I would have to stand in from of everyone and sing. With Dan. That part of it calmed me down a tad. I tapped on the dressing room table, listening to the crowd buzz. I feel like I should be used to this by now, but yet my stomach is doing flips.

"(y/n)?" I looked over at Dan dressed for the New Years scene. "You're on in 2." he said. I nodded, gripping the edge of the table. "You okay?" Dan asked, entering the empty dressing room.

"Yeah, just nervous." I said.

"Hey, you'll do amazing. You deserve this role and I have no doubt you'll kill it. If you get nervous just look at me yeah?" he asked. I turned to look at his bright and sparkling eyes.

"Yeah." I said. "Break a leg." I said, pulling him in a bone crushing hug. He seemed taken aback, but eventually wrapped his arms around me.

"You too." he said. I pulled back and dashed out of the room with him at my heels.

~Time Skip~

I stepped up on the small stage, next to Dan. I looked around nervously, awaiting the music to play. This was the karaoke scene.

Okay.

You can sing I looked out at the audience, feeling soft beads of sweat begin to form. My hands were shaking and I crossed my arms as the music started. I watched as Dan began to sing and he looked over at me. He noticed my nerve and he gave me a nod, signalling for me to focus in on him. I watched him move and sing and I felt myself relax, even smiling a little.

I never believed in what I couldn't see  

I sang out and Dan grinned at me, proud I was singing.

I never opened my heart to all the possibilities, ooh

He joined in with me and we sang. I quickly forgot about everything else, just zeroing in our voice and Dan's smile, directed right at me. I finished singing and there was silence before the crowd erupted in a applause. I disappeared into the wings with Dan for a few moment before we had to go back and exchange numbers.

We did the scene, smoothly orchestrated. I smiled and followed Dan back into the wings. Dan was grinning at me and I grinned back before heading back out to meet the principal for school.

The musical flew by fast and before we knew it we were on the last scene. We're all in this together. I let out a breath before I ran to hug Dan on stage after he won the basketball game. Then we began the last number, joining together for the classic song. That's when I realized I had to kiss Dan. We hadn't done that in such a long time and not in front of this many people. I felt my stomach churn with nerves and I kept on singing, shifting next to Dan.

We both stopped singing and I turned to him, watching him for his cue. He began to lean in like he always did. Our lips connected and I felt tingles down my arms and chest. It felt different, like...I didn't have to fake it. He pulled away and I stood dumbfounded for a few moments. He gave me an odd look, but I just smiled as the lights dimmed. We all scurried backstage to come back out for bows. I was first.

The song started playing again and I headed out, giving a bow. The crowd went nuts and I felt myself blushing as I headed to the side for Dan. The crowd continued and he went to the opposite said. Eventually we did a collective bow, the entire cast. The curtains closed and I let out a big breath.

I began to push through the hordes of kid to find Dan and compliment his performance, but the girl playing Taylor stopped me. She gave me a huge hug which I accepted and the new Chad came over as well. Soon many people of the cast were surrounding me, talking about the after party they were planning on having a little later. It was celebratory for the first performance rather than the other 2 the next 2 days. I noticed Dan start to push towards me along with Phil and Zoe who had made their way backstage.

"So are you coming (y/n)?" one of them asked.

"Uh, yeah I'd love to." I replied.

"Okay, I'll text you the address." she said, pulling out her phone. She had my number? I was suddenly spun around and stood in from of Dan.

"You did so amazing!" Dan said. He planted a kiss on my lips. He pulled me back, a huge smile on his face. I stood back in shock, others around me as well because they knew Dan and I weren't a thing as well. Phil and Zoe stopped and people backed away, giving a little room. "I-I... excuse me." Dan said, quickly disappearing somewhere backstage. 

"(y/n)." I glanced over at the sound of Zoe's voice. I locked eyes with her and she nodded for me to go after him. I nodded back and excused myself. I quickly headed after him, into the back where the dressing rooms were. I listened to my footsteps quicken and I hurried to the men's dressing rooms. I peeked inside, but it was empty. I looked out into the hall and Dan was leaning against the wall, staring intensely at the ground. I walked out and the sound of the door closing startled him.

"Hey." I said, and he quickly averted his eyes when he figured out it was me. "It's cool you know. You were just excited and got caught up." I said. He looked over at me, pain in his eyes which quickly subsided. His eyes were cloudy. He was hiding something.

"Yeah, caught up. Sorry." he lied. I opened my mouth to say something, but I shut it.

"Want to come back inside?" I asked, motioning to the door.

"Yeah." he said. I went to pull open the door, struggling.

"Oh my God is it locked?" I asked. Dan looked over at me frantically clawing at the door handle. He walked over silently, pushing it open. "Oh, it's a push." I said. I looked over at him laughing. He smiled, beginning to laugh too. "So you're going to the party right? I mean how great? It's a party held by drama nerds. It's going to be crazy as hell." I said. Ha laughed and followed me inside. Everything was alright now.

Everything was great. 

I smiled to myself, meeting back up with Phil and Hazel.

Everything was perfect.

YEET.

I think this was a pretty good chapter. I'm proud.

Stay awesome!

~Calymari