Monday

I know you guys hate me for this book cause it's so edgy.

Sorry.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I woke up and winced at the thought of going to school today. I sat up and glared at my closet, a feeling of regret seeping through my veins. Dan was relatively popular. What if he told everyone and everyone will shun me? He wouldn't do that, would he? I mean he was my bully for the longest time, but he had been asking for forgiveness. But I had also slapped him so...

"Hey, hun? I'd be okay if you wanted to stay home today." My mum said, entering my room cautiously. 

"As much as I'd like to, it's probably not the best idea. He might show up here again." I said, sighing.

"Whatever you want. If you feel like coming home, please just call and I'll get you." she said. SHe handed me a granola bar for breakfast and I set it aside, putting on my clothes for today. I just went for a t-shirt and leggings so I was comfortable, and I quickly did all my necessity stuff before heading out. I noticed 2 figures across the street, and identified them as Dan and Phil. I have yet to tell Phil, but I was debating on not at all.

I had to at least leave Dan one friend, but my best friend was another thing. I put my head down, occasionally glancing towards Phil. I probably should just eat lunch in the library today, and avoid any issues with that. Zoe will probably come with anyways and Dan can have his lunch buddies. As angry as I am, I'm not cruel enough to make him eat alone. Slap him? Sure. Eat sad and alone? Never.

It was weird logic, but hey. Don't judge.

I glanced back over at Phil to see he was looking at me. Dan was talking to him and Phil's face was totally different from what I've seen before. Well, there goes that plan. I sped myself up, reaching the school when PJ and Chris stopped me.

"Hey (y/n) so if we were r-- Wait, what's wrong with your face?" Chris asked.

"Nice, asshole. He means what's wrong?" PJ asked.

"I'd rather not talk about it. Someone will probably tell you, and I don't have the energy to." I said. I left, not wanting to be investigated any further. I headed to my locker and passed by Caspar and Grace. Ew. I glanced towards my locker to see that Zoe was waiting there for me.

"Hey Zo, what's up."

"Don't casually nickname me. How are you? Are you--"

"Fine, Zo."

"Everytime you call me Zo, I know something is bothering you, and I know the cause this time. So spill the details."

"The whole thing is all fresh, okay? I saw Dan telling Phil and now I feel guilty for not saying anything first." I said.

"That's all I needed to hear." Zoe said, slinging an arm around my shoulder.

"You're a weirdo, you know that?" I asked.

"Yup, but you love me anyways so..."

"Yeah, yeah." I shut my locker. "I'll see you later? Meet me in the library for lunch. I'm just going to let Dan sit at the table for a while." I said. She nodded and we went separate directions. I headed up the stairs towards Math when someone called to me. I turned to see Phil.

Damn it.

"Hey, Phil." I said, as he joined me on my walk.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, stopping us off to the side of the stairwell.

"It was last night, when all of this happened. I've only told my mum and Zoe who was already at me house. I'm sorry." I said.

"No don't be sorry, I just thought you thought you couldn't tell me or something." Phil said. I nodded and Phil took my hand and squeezed it. "So you smacked him?"

"Yeah, I really didn't want to, I just couldn't help it." I said.

"So what are you going to do?" he asked.

"If I knew, I would tell you, but for now I'm done with Dan." I said. He nodded and the warning bell rang. We said our goodbyes and I headed off towards Math. I entered the classroom and saw him sitting in his seat, the one right next to mine. Of course he was sitting next to me. He was in English too. Fuck me.

I took a seat and started pulling stuff out of my bag for today's lesson. I heard Dan sit up and watch me, but I just ignored it, eventually staring straight forward. He watched me for a moment before looking down, then back up at me. His face was sad and regretful, but that didn't concern me.

"(y/n)--" the bell rang and the teacher started class, cutting him off. Ignored him the entire lesson. The bell rang again and I picked up my bag, starting to head out.

"(y/n)--" he was again cut off as I swiftly exited the classroom, heading toward my English one. I entered and Phil and Zoe were there.

"(y/n), how was Math?" Phil asked, know I had it with Dan.

"Fine, I guess." I said. "I don't know if I ca--"

"(y/n), please you can't ignore me forever." My body stopped and just my eyes shifted up to look at Zoe and then Phil. I sat down at my desk, ignoring him thoroughly and Zoe sat across from me. Phil took his spot and Dan sat next to me, his hand resting on the metal bar connecting my chair to my desk. He turned to look at me and opened his mouth, but Zoe interrupted him.

"So (y/n), how do you think you did on the English writing test." I looked up.

"I think I did okay. Not 100 percent, but a high mark. Let's just hope I'm not thoroughly disappointed." I replied. I pulled out my English folder and Dan and Phil engaged in some conversation I tuned out. We were told to pair up and Zoe chose me. We worked and chatted and I even smiled, grateful that Zoe really knows to act as normal as possible so I don't feel so sad.

Dan's POV

She's gone. She won't look at me. She won't talk to me. I've actually really done it this time. I've missed her voice. Her laugh. Her smile. Then Grace came along and sucked her away, leaving the only contact with her, just meek arguments and the most recent harrowing one. 

"I think I did okay. Not 100 percent, but a high mark. Let's just hope I'm not thoroughly disappointed." she said. I fel something course through my body at the sound of her voice. there was comfort in in, but also guilt. She sounded so dead and it was my fault. We separated and Phil talked to me.

"Dan, I'm not mad." Phil said, as I wouldn't talk. "I just want to help you." he said. I still didn't answer and he just started the worksheet. I glanced over at the girls and I saw (y/n) smile. A pain shot through my chest, knowing I'll never make her smile again.

"There's no helping me, Phil. It's impossible."

Yay.

Stay awesome!

~Calymari