Frantic Encounter

Start from the beginning

Wait.. why would he be naked?

Aghh... why am I so awkward.

Okay Ella, you can do this.

He could be a nice guy.

Or a mean guy.

Or an old man.

Or an old.. naked mean man-.. NO!!

Right when I go to reach it again, I am beat to it.

And I come face to face with a boy who looks the same exact age as me.

"AHHHH" we both scream.

He rushed to move away but then he falls off the bed and onto the floor with a loud bang.

It was then and there I realized he was only in underewear.

"AHHH!!" I scream and point to his almost naked figure and I cover my eyes with my arm.

The boy attempts to stand up, trying to cover his...

His....

Uhm..

Moving on...

"Why are you only in underwear!" I screech when I hear him half run to the blanket on his bed and wrap it around himself.

"Why are you... never mind." He says, his cheeks turning the lightest shade of pink.

And let's just say... woah.

He had a six pack, black hair, dark eyes, and was tall.

Oh and tan..

Oh god.

And then, there is me.

I could feel my own hair sticking up, and I probably looked so gross.

I quickly look away so he doesn't catch my stare.

I hear him sink back into the bed.

"Uhm.... good morning?" He almost questions scratching the back of his neck.

I look at him and raise my eyebrow to which he just shrugs and looks away.

Well, this is awkward.

"I'm.. Luke." He says.

"I know."

No.

Please don't tell me I said that.

I sound like a stalker.

I try to ignore my own comment, "I'm.. Ella.. did we... crash?" I almost ask, this causes him to chuckle.

"By crash do you mean get in a car accident and get rushed to the hospital? Yes, yes we did."

But his chuckle almost made me glare.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I'm not laughing, I'm chuckling."

"What's the difference?"

"Why are you so grouchy? You are acting like you just woke up from a coma.." he chuckles again.. but then he freezes and his eyes go wide. "uhhh.."

But I only shake my head at him. "Are you serious? You are making jokes right now?" I question him but he only rolls his eyes.

"You're so moody." He says, I only huff in annoyance and lay back down on my bed.

Great, I barely know this guy and I am already annoyed out of my mind.

I look away from him and at the heart monitor.

After a couple of seconds though, I hear him speak.

"Hey, I didn't mean it." He says, I look over at him, but side against saying anything, I only nod my head at him.

I suddenly hear loud foot steps again and a door being slammed open.

When I look up, I see my mother speed walking in my direction, along with my father.

"You finally woke up!" She says running in, her loud heels clicking all the way to the bed.

"How long have I been out?" I question her, she looks down and shakes her head at me.

"Almost a day, where were you!" She hisses, her voice now strict, back to the usual disowning mother voice.

I don't know if it was because I was tired, or my head still hurt, but for the first time, I actually rolled my eyes right infront of her.

"You do not roll your eyes at me Miss, you are in so much trouble when you are out of here." She points her finger in my direction, then, she angrily stomps out of the room to who knows where.

I look up at my dad who was looking down at me.

"Your mother... just know that she cares." He says, his voice was in what it has always been, in a business tone.

"Clearly." I say sinking back in the bed.

"But she is right, you are suppose to stay at the house Ella, it's for your safety." He says crossing his arms over his chest.

I don't respond to him as I look over at Luke, who was looking out the window at something.

"Luke is that you?" My dad questions, my eyes go wide as I turn my head at my dad, than back at Luke.

"Mr. Sanders?" Luke questions sitting up.

"So your the son who my daughter mistakenly crashed into."

Hold on.. is he trying to say I crashed into him?

"Oh uhm.." Luke mumbles, looking at me, I only look away.

"I feel terribly awful that this happened, how about you and your family come over for dinner some time and we can talk about all that we missed in the last couple of years. How long has it been... like almost 14 years?!" My dad says clapping his hands together.

"Oh uh.. sure." Luke says, making my dad smile.

I try to make sense of the conversation, "Wait.. you know him?" I question my dad, he only nods.

"Of course! Don't you guys remember each other? You used to walk around with each other when you were only in diapers!" He laughs.

At this, I cover the side of my face with my hand while looking down.

Well, isn't this fantastic.

Hint the sarcasm.