In the Dark

After that day things for the team was never the same. I was a slave to Lucas now. I could never live this down for anyone. I didn't want my team to be hurt anymore. I did what I had to do for him and the team.

"Oh come on Sage, smile a little. It's good for your soul." I didn't look at him. I couldn't bring myself to smile.

"No, Thank you. I only smile if something is funny, my King, but to smile for nothing or after losing my friends...I don't want to smile." Lucas lifted my chin to him and smirked. I pulled myself away from him.

"I will never be your no matter what you do to me!" Lucas slaps me across the face. I Looked at him not even a tear shed.

"Don't Disrespect Your King!" I looked into his heartless eyes. On the inside, I was burning with anger, but I didn't do anything.

"Yes my King. I'm so sorry." Lucas had a guard put me in the back of a van tied up to the wall. I was not ever comfortable if you asked me. I was scared that I was going to die that day. My thoughts were dark. I was basically in the dark at this point. I had nobody. I lost everyone I loved, I was not going to let Lucas get away with this. I needed a hero right now. I stood there wondering if anyone will come. I thought maybe I should give up, but something happened to the van as I was riding in the back.

"What's going on here? Put us down!" I heard a familiar voice

"How about no! I'm not leaving until I get Sage." I felt her read my mind. She freed me from the cell in my mind. I could hear her thoughts as well.

Sage! I'm here to save you. I can help you through this. We are friends after all. Lucas wants to take powers away from people who have powers. He is planning to hurt everybody and be powerful. I looked up and chains that were around me were on the ground. I was free. I thought and she heard me

Liv, we have to stop him. If he takes the power of the people, the world will be doomed to serve him. And there will be now way to stop him. I got out of the van and looked up at liv who was mad anyway. I ran off into the wood waiting on her. We were already in Wyoming, so I made my escape from them. Liv dropped the van and followed Sage.

"You don't know how glad I am to see you Liv." Gunshots were fired out away.

"They have guns! Thats so Low!" I couldn't help but laugh at her.

"Let's get a move on Liv. I rather not stick around to find out what will happen to us." I looked around to see how we can get away from them. I thought about it for a sec. I had an idea. I turned into a griffin.

"Liv if you want to survive get on my back now!" Liv gets on and I fly off with her on my back.

"I glad you are not scare of heights. Cause this is the only way to survive. I thought we were done back there. I'm glad you were able to fly." I tried to hide my pain from the shot in my side. Liv felt blood on my sade.

"Sage! You were shot! Are you okay?" I kept flying.

"Yeah. I'm okay. It just hurts alot. We need to find the team and then help my family." I flew a little ways and I was tired. I landed near a gas station that was three miles from the Nebraska State Line. I changed back to myself. I walked into the Shell station and used the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and look at the hole in my side.

"It could be worse, I'm just glad it is not worse." I rip the sleeve off my jacket and wrapped it around my waist to stop the bleeding. I walked out the bathroom. Liv was eating a corndog. I bought food for the road. We had a long way to go.

"Sage? How much longer do we have to go before we get to everyone?" I look for a map to see where we are. I was in more pain than anyone could imagine. I saw a 'human' using their phone.