Chapter 4

Saturday. Sadly we have our sat classes kaya medyo gipit ang schedule ko. For short, wala na akong social life because of school. Wala na akong time to pamper myself and wala na akong time to understand myself. This school is killing me!

9:30 AM and we still have one subject before lunch. Imagine, sitting for one hour and thirty minutes and makikinig ka lang sa lousy discussion ng teacher niyo na hindi naman talaga related sa mismong course. Dapat diretso na e, straight to the point na dapat yung pinag-aaralan.

"Goodmorning class, how's everyone doing?" Nagulat nalang ako when our professor entered the room. I miss Sandra, palagi nalang kasi si Noah 'tong kasama ko e. Seatmate pa nga.

"I am sorry, class. You know that I never wanted to teach this subject right but I have to do this because I have my own family to feed," Our professor laughed. I did not know what to react. Kung tatawa ba ako or malulungkot because she had to do something she isn't fond of doing. That's like the worst. "So for today's lesson, we are going to focus on the importance of using condoms when you guys are doing it."

Oh yeah, have I mentioned that our school teaches SexEd? I think it's a good way of teaching the youngsters. Besides, it should be really taught in the first place.

Some of my classmates were cheering. Parang kinikilig pa. I just rolled my eyes because I did not want to indulge myself that much. As if gagawin ko din 'yan.

Before our professor spoke, may lalakeng sumulpot lang bigla sa pintuan at umupo kaagad sa pinakalikod. Mukhang sanay na yung professor namin because she didn't react and ignored the guy. I guess you all know who I am describing. It's freaking Luca. P.E and SexEd pa kami classmates? I hate this! Two of my hatest subjects plus having him around? Spell malas.

Noah poked me and whispered, "Exciting! Luca is in our SexEd class. SexEd. SexEd." Noah repeatedly mentioned the word 'SexEd' and was singing the word happily. Grotesque.

Start na kasi ng second semester last week lang so we had our classes reshuffled and that's the reason din as to why Noah and I are classmates. We bribed the School Dean, turns out he's gay and he's sorta into Noah.

"Proceeding," Sambit ng prof namin. "Does anyone know what a condom looks like? Just making sure."

One of our classmates, who I believe is named Andrew, fished out something out from his wallet and waved it up in the air. "It looks like this, ma'am." Everyone laughed. I just looked at him and realized how naive he was.

"Good, Andrew. I guess you all have an idea how rampant teenage pregnancy is here in the Philippines, I suggest you girls don't add up to this high percentage," Tumawa naman ang mga lalake. "And kayo din boys, don't contribute."

Although our professor didn't love her job, it looked like she knew everything she's teaching. She's good at faking it. I am amazed.

Our prof continued discussing the importance of having condom as a safety measure. I agree with her, pull-out method is something you shouldn't do. I mean, it is not guaranteed na safe. And she told us that it only takes a minute to wear a condom, but a lifetime of responsibilities if you forget to wear one. She's kind of a joker.

"Here's a basket of condoms, get as much as you want," The boys were pestering over the baskets, and one dumb girl asked a question, "Kami din po kukuha? Kahit babae?"

Our professor was about to answer when Noah interrupted, "Tanga ka ba? Kahit nga bakla, kukuha." Noah took a handful of condoms and placed it inside his purse.