Chapter 2

"Omg, are you for real?" Noah was literally looking at me, gulat na gulat. "Lucas? Guevarra? The Lucas André Guevarra?"

Noah was shocked when I told what happened during the speed dating event. Nasa school kami ngayon and we are currently at the cafeteria since lunch break naman namin. "Selene, seryoso ka ba? Si Luca?"

I nodded once again. Ano 'bang meron sa Lucas na 'yon that everyone has been talking about? Is he like someone famous dito sa school? How come I have never heard of his existence. Napatili nalang ako sa sakit when Noah and Sandra kept slapping my arms. "What the actual f-uck, Selene! How come you do not know this guy?!"

My eyebrow raised with what Sandra said, "And why should I?" They both shook their heads in disbelief. "Enlighten me about him, then."

Noah inhaled deeply, preparing himself with a mouthful of words about this guy we're talking about, "Luca Guevarra. Football captain. President in Math Club. Hmm, ano pa ba? Perfect in everything?"

"Also, his relatives own this school. So he's quite powerful despite his young age," Dagdag ni Sandra, sabay kindat. "He's a bait, Sel."

"A bait I definitely do not want to bite."

I felt Noah glaring at me. I felt his tough glares at my direction as if it were daggers attacking me, "Hala siya, madre ka ba? Did the gods of love forbid you from falling in love?"

I was bedazzled with the words that Noah said towards me. Akala mo naman sobrang expert niya na sa pagmamahal. He's talking like he knows s-hit. Everytime he attempts to flirt, it's always a fail naman. Have I mentioned that Noah's gay? And he's really, really cute. Kaso ang sama sama ng ugali. He thinks na hindi ako vulnerable sa mga ganitong conversations namin.

I replied, emphasising the sadness in my tone. "They really did forbid me from falling inlove, Noe. I am already tied without knowing."

Ramdam kong nag-iba ang atmosphere sa aming paligid. Although Sandra and Noah are tough and mean, they could feel when I am sad and true to what I am saying. Ikaw ba naman sa posisyon ko, what will you do? Bakit di nalang kasi 'yung kapatid ko ang i-aarranged marriage? She's way prettier and smarter compared to me. I sighed.

"Cut this out! Malay mo, sobrang biniyayaan naman ng Panginoon ang magiging katuwang mo sa buhay." Sambit ni Sandra as she was trying to brighten the mood around us. "Oo nga, sisteret. Baka hindi mo na kailangan magtrabaho because that guy you're going to get married with is rich as s-hit!"

Nagtawanan kami. They always know how to make things feel better and also worse. Napatigil kami sa pag-uusap ng biglang nagsitakbuhan ang mga estudyante sa kabilang dulo ng cafeteria. "What is happening?" Tanong ni Sandra na halatang naiintriga. "Let's jump in!"

Hinila ako nila Sandra and Noah papunta sa mga taong nagkakaguluhan. These two really like to gossip about stuff. Feeling ko nga kaya nila gumawa ng isang magazine full of chismis and fake news. That's just how they roll. When we got nearer, nakita namin ang dalawang lalake na nagsusuntukan.

"T-angina naman dude, why would you hit on my girlfriend?" The guy said as he threw another fist. Looks like we're in the same year. I tried to get closer to get a clearer picture of the scenario. Hindi ko kasi mamukhaan yung kaaway nung lalake.

Everyone gasped with what the other guy replied, "Why not? She's hot."

I was dumbfounded when everyone started cheering for Lucas' name. I knew that name. He was the guy whom I met sa speed dating and the guy we just talked about earlier. Basagulero pala? Major turn off.

"Luca, if you have a little ounce of respect left for our friendship, leave my girlfriend out of this," Pagmamakaawa nung lalake who I believe is his friend. I saw blood dripping from the side of his lips. "Sure," Luca smirked which made everyone shocked. "But it is not my problem if she bit first." And he walked away out of the building.