Chapter 8

Jim's point of view

The weekend flew by so fast. It was Monday again. I felt like just calling in sick just so I didn't have to face Dwight today but I can't hide away forever eventually I'll have to go back to work to face him. I jumped into the shower and threw on my clothes. On my way to work I stopped by Starbucks and got myself a Java chip frappuccino and a cinnamon roll.

When I got to work Dwight wasn't there. Which was shocking because he's always there earlier than me. In fact he never showed up. During lunch time I waved Pam down to meet me in the break room and she followed. We both sat down at one of the tables at the back of the room.

"Pam do you know where Dwight is?", I asked.

" No. I called him a few times today but the calls went straight to voicemail."

"Same here. I just thought maybe he would have answered your call."

" Nope. Michael properly knows though. If you want I can go find out for you".

" Thank you. Truth is if I ask Michael he would properly catch on and not leave me alone about it".

" Good point. Alright I'll be back shortly".

Once Pam left the break room I got up and went over to the vending machines. I bought myself a grape soda and a bag pretzels. When I got my food I sat back at the table and ate my food in silence while I waited for Pam to come back.

About five minutes or so later Pam showed back up and sat down next to me.

" Michael said that Dwight is taking the week off to go on vacation with his cousins."

"No. The main reason he went on vacation is to get away from me", I said shaking my head in annoyance."I'm just going to go back to my desk."I walked out of the break room and went back to my desk.

Shortly afterwards Pam came over to my desk and sat down on the edge of my desk. I looked over at her.

" Pam I can't take this anymore. He's always on my mind and I can't ever seem get him out", I murmured.

Pam laid her hand on my shoulder.

"You need to tell him how you feel when he gets back".

" I don't' know", I said shaking my head slowly. " Pam um I don't feel like talking about this right now okay? I'm just going finish up some stuff that I have to finish getting done",I said looking up at her.

" If you ever decide that you want to talk about this just call me. Okay?"

I nodded and turned away from her. She removed her hand off of my shoulder and went back to her desk.

A week passed and it was Monday again. I woke up groggy since the night before I was out drinking with my friends and I got wasted. My head hurt and I felt so nauseous. I reached over my bed and grabbed my phone from my nightstand and called Michael up. I put the phone to my ear and waited for him to pick up.

" Hey Jim, is everything okay?", he asked in concern.

" I'm hungover and I don't feel so good. I called to tell you I'm going to stay home today but I'll be back tomorrow so don't worry'.

" Jim you --"

Before Michael could finish his sentence I hung up on him and put my phone back on my nightstand. I pulled the covers over my face and went back to sleep

Dwight point of view

I just got back from vacation with my cousin's and to be honest it was the best week I ever had in months. It was finally Monday again and I been dreading this day. I got dressed and headed off to work. When I got to work I drove into one of the parking lots. I didn't want to get out of the car. The reason I went on vacation was to get away from Jim but now that it's been a week I still don't want to face him. Being close to him just makes it so much harder since I'm in love with him. I everytime I look at him I just want to hold him and kiss him but that will never happen since Jim doesn't feel the same way. He keeps saying he wants to be friends with me but being friends with him will make me go insane. The best way to deal with this situation is to either quit my job working at Dunder Mifflin or transfer to different paper company. Truth be told I don't want that to happen. But it just has to happen. It's the only way I can truly move on. I shook my head and sighed.