Chapter 3

Dwight's point of view

" Dwight enough, I'm not going to negotiate this problem any further", Michael said angrily.

I turned around and went I back to my seat.

" Dwight I'm sorry, for reals this time," Jim said softly.

I looked down and sighed. " Just leave me alone Jim, please don't talk to me for the rest of the week", I muttered.

Jim looked at me and went back to working.

I'm glad it's friday and that monday is a holiday because now I don't have to see Jim for three whole days. I need a break from him. It finally hits five o'clock. I gather all my belongings and head out the door. I drive home. When I get home I go straight to my room and drop my brown briefcase on the floor and climb into bed. I just lay there for a few hours before falling asleep.

I wake to someone tapping on my shoulder. I open my eyes and it's Mose. " What?", I say.

" Um there's someone here to see you", Mose told me.

" Who is it", I ask him.

" Uh, some girl, from your work. She's sitting down uh at the kitchen table. Um I'll just uh tell her your be down shortly", He informed me.

" Okay, thanks for telling me", I say. He nods and leaves my bedroom.

I get dressed quickly and head out of my room to see who's here. I rarely get visitors, unless my random cousins show up but otherwise that no one else rarely comes to my house. I walk down the stairs and walk into the kitchen. I'm shocked when I see who it is. It was Pam. She never comes over to my house and how did she even find out what my address was. I'm guessing Michael that sneaking bastard told her. Oh well I sighed.

" What are you doing here?", I ask her.

" I came to see if you were alright ", she tells me.

" Why wouldn't I be", I ask.

" Because of what happened yesterday. You were really upset", she says.

" Um, I'm fine", I lie.

" No, your not. Dwight I'm not stupid. I see the way you look at Jim when he's not looking. You like him don't you and don't you dare lie Dwight", she commanded.

Ugh, why can't she just let me be. I liked Jim since day one and haven't stopped liking him. I doubt he would ever want to be with a guy like me. He's gorgeous and I'm hideous. And if I don't reply soon this is going to end up extremely awkward.

" Okay fine. Your right I do like him. I like him a lot", I mumble.

" AWW THAT'S SO CUTE", she yelled excitedly.

" PAM!", I yell.

" what?," she asks.

" Keep your voice down", I whisper. If Mose over hears me and Pam. He won't ever shut up about it and to be honest it's really annoying.

" Oh, I'm sorry." she apologizes. " You know what, I'm taking you out for breakfast so we can finish up this topic and I'm not taking no for an answer", she said.

" Fine", I sighed.

Pam smiles at me, grabs my arm and takes me to her car. We get in the car. Pam does a u turn and drives out my driveway.

We stop at a red light. I turn my head and look at Pam. " Which restaurant are we going to?", I ask her.

" It's a secret but don't worry we are almost there," she says.

"Ugh, Pam just tell me. You know I'm not in the mood today." I insisted.

Pam looks at me and smiles widely.

" What!?", I questioned angrly.

The light turns green and Pam points at something that's straight ahead. I sighed with relief when I saw what she was pointing at. It was my favorite breakfast restaurant. Pam looks at me and smiles. She turns her attention back to the road and makes a right turn into the parking lot of Magnolias Pancake Haus. We walk inside and the waitress sits us down at a table. The waitress hands us the menu, the silverware, and some napkins.

" What would you guys like to drink?", she asks us.

" I'll have water", Pam replies.

" I'll have hot chocolate with whipped cream and a glass of water too", I say.

" Okay I'll be back with your drinks shortly", she tells us.

Me and Pam look at the menu. I decide on getting the full stack of chocolate chip pancakes with orange juice. Pam decides on the whole wheat pancakes. The waitress comes back and hands us are drinks. She asks us what we would like to order and we tell her. She heads off again.

Pam looks at me. " So when are you going to tell Jim how you feel", she asks me.

" I'm never going to tell him".

" Why?".

" Because I already know that Jim would never date a guy like me", I say quietly.

" Dwight you don't know how he would respond unless you ask him." she responds. She continues and says" Love is a beautiful thing and it's rare to find someone special. Hold onto him and don't let go. Because once you lose that special person you'll properly never get a second chance with them. So go to him and tell him how you feel before he gets taken and I know you don't want that. I know you're scared but trust me when I say this once you get it off your chest you will feel much better."

" I know", I murmured.

" Hey, it's going to be okay".

" Thank you for everything this really helped", I tell her.

" Don't Mention it", she smiles at me.

Our food comes. We eat and talk for a good while. I never knew how much fun Pam could be. Pam invited me over to her house on Sunday at six pm for movie night. We left the restaurant and Pam drove me home. I hugged Pam and told her thank you for everything she did for me today. We said are goodbyes and parted ways. I walked inside my house, went up to my room and watched TV for awhile.