Chapter 5

Dwight's point of view

I turned around and smiled. I went toward him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I pressed my lips softly against his.

He didn't kiss back instead he pushed me away." What the hell!", he yelled.

I was so shocked by his reaction that I became stiff. I couldn't respond. I couldn't move a muscle. I couldn't stop staring at him in horror. A lump formed in my throat to the point where I couldn't speak.

He looked at me and sighed. He came back toward me and wrapped his arms around me. I picked my arms up slowly and hugged him back. I laid my head on his shoulder. " I'm sorry for kissing you. It's just that I have always liked you ever since I first laid eyes on you",I murmured.

He pulled away." I got to go", he said avoiding my eye contact.

I grabbed his elbow. "Jim I'm really sorry", I said remorseful.

" Dwight", he sighed. "I'm straight. I don't like you that way. I see you as a friend. Nothing more".

"Oh", I mumbled.

He pushed his hair back and sighed."Um. I'm just gonna go". He left my bedroom and went home.

I sighed and covered my face with my hands.

" Dwight you okay?", Mose asked.

"Get out!", I snapped.

Mose left in a hurry. I quickly walked to my door and locked it.

I sat back down on my bed and covered my face with my hands. I felt so humiliated. I love him. I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I curled up into a ball on my bed. I couldn't hold my tears back any longer. I sobbed and sobbed. At some point I fell asleep.

The morning came. I didn't want to go to work today. My whole body ached and I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't want to face Jim today. I buried my face in the covers and cried. I couldn't deal with the fact that the only guy I ever loved didn't love me back. It broke me.

I dragged myself out of bed and slowly dressed myself. I head off to work.I walk to my desk and sit down. Jim's not here yet. In fact for the rest of the day he never showed up. Today was so slow. I missed Jim. Sitting next to him was the best part of working at my job. I would always glimpse at him. A tear slipped down my face. I quickly wiped my tear away. It broke my heart that he didn't feel the same way as I did. When work ended I grabbed my belongings and headed out the door. When I got to my car someone grabbed my arm. I turned around and it was Pam.

" Hey, do you know why Jim didn't show up to work today?", she asked

" No."

" Dwight what's wrong? You haven't spoken to anyone today including me and you always talk to me."

" I don't want to talk about", I muttered.

" Dwight please tell me what happened." she pleaded.

There's know way getting out of this situation when Pam's part of it.

" Fine. Jim came over for movie night yesterday and well I kissed him. He didn't kiss back. He pushed me away. I told him how I felt about him and he didn't take well. He basically told me that he wasn't interested in me and left. I'm the reason he didn't show up to work. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to talk to me ever again".

She wrapped her arms around me and held me closely to her.

" Go to his apartment and confront him. Get in his face and don't let him go. Make him listen to you and in the end he will end up spilling out his feelings for you. Trust me, Dwight", she added.

She was right. That was only way I could ever get the man of my life.

" Pam you're always right. Do you know what his address is?", I ask.

She takes her sticky notes and pen out. She writes his address down, detaches the sticky note from the rest, and hands me the sticky note with his address on it. I looked up at her and said" Thank you." She smiled and told me to go before it was to late. We hugged each other and parted ways.

I put Jim's address in my Gps and head out to his apartment. I get to his apartment. I call Pam and ask her which apartment building is Jim in and what his apartment number is. Pam tells me his apartment number is 202 and building number is 2. I drive up to his apartment building and walk up the stairs to his apartment. When I get there I knocked repeatedly on his door.

Surprisingly, Jim opened the door.

" What are you doing here?", he asks.

" Why weren't you at work today? Was it because of me?"

Jim brushes his hair back and sighs.

"Jim? Can I come in?"

He nods and let's me inside.

" This way", he says.

We both take a seat on his couch.

"Um Jim, I'm in love with you".

Jim stayed looking at the floor.

" Jim please say something", I pleaded.

He stayed quiet. I wish he would just say something and make this scene less awkward. But he wouldn't budge. He just stayed there silently.

"Just go", he grunts.

I get of the couch and stand.

" No! I'm not going anywhere until you hear me out!"

Jim got of the couch and came toward me. He slapped me across the face. He grabbed me by arms tightly and forcefully pushed me to the ground.

" Jim? What the hell?", I said terrified.

" GET THE FUCK OUT NOW!"

I got up quickly and ran out of his apartment.