New Books

Clay went home the happiest he's ever been. This was the best day of his life. He not only made a bunch of new friends and went to school but he had the most wonderful teacher. As he was walking home, he noticed the two FBI agents that had been assigned to watch his adoptive father. Clay was thoroughly convinced that he was adopted. He found no evidence that he belonged to the family since there were no papers to claim him and he could have been stolen or sold to them or, one that is less likely, he was left at their doorstep. Clay rolled his eyes as he noticed one of the agents was asleep and the other was reading the newspaper. Clay then ran into the house. "Mom, I'm home!" Clay said as he entered the house while clutching his books to his chest.

Zinnia was on the phone talking to one of her friends. "How was school?" She asked out of habit then returned to her conversation. Clay stopped because he was surprised that his mother even acknowledged him. "School was incredible. My teacher lets me do sixth grade. Look, Algebra, Geography, and Biology." Clay said as he walked to the couch and showed his mother his textbooks.

Zinnia started to get annoyed. She didn't think he would talk back to her. Michael usually said it was okay and went to his room. Clay was really excited about school though. "Hold on a minute." She told her friend on the other end then she glared at Zane. "Can't you see I'm in the middle of an important phone call?" Clay was now confused. "Well, you asked me how school was."

"Quiet!" Then she turned over, covered her other ear, and leaned more into the couch. Clay just shrugged as his mother returned to her conversation. "Well, it was really great," Clay said trying to continue to explain school was. "The Principal is insane!" Zinnia grabbed a pillow and placed it on her free ear. "He's a wizard, he used dark magic to hypnotize two students at school. I saw him use some kind of dark cloud or mist that flew into the other students. I saw it with my own two eyes. It was crazy." Clay sighed as his mother continued to ignore him. He then smiled as he thought about Merlok, Lance, Jestro, Axl, Aaron, and Macy. He blushed when he thought of Macy. "I have the most wonderful teacher..." Clay said then he went towards his room.

"Mine are driving me crazy. I'm telling you, eight hours of school is not enough." Zinnia said to her friend. "I'll say!" Clay said agreeing his mother as he made his way to his room. Zinnia sat up from the couch and looked at him surprised. She didn't expect him to hear or agree with her.

Later that night

The Wormwood family was going through their usual dinnertime fun of watching TV and eating TV dinners and snack food. Clay, who had already finished his dinner, was working on his homework in his chair and was about to start reading his beginner knighting techniques. While his father and brother were doing the wrestling match that was playing on TV while his mother was watching the screen, then the doorbell rang.

"Saved by the bell?" Harry said confused as he and Michael stopped pretending to fight. Even Zinnia looked up and was confused from her chair and the fight was still going on. "Packages at this hour?" Harry said confused then he went to answer the door while the others resumed to what they were doing. Clay was still reading his beginner knighting techniques book. He wasn't fazed by the doorbell.

Harry was surprised to not find packages but instead Clay's teacher, Merlok. Merlok knew Jestro would be fine be himself since Merlok placed a protective seal on his home where only those he invited would be allowed to enter his home. Merlok felt strongly that he needed to talk to Clay's family about Clay's intelligence. "Hello..."

"We don't give money, we don't like charities, we don't buy raffle tickets," Harry told him as if he was used to saying that to anyone who came to the door. Harry was going to close the door but Merlok stopped him with his wand. "I'm Clay's teacher, Merlok." Harry frowned. "What's he done now?" He looked at the young boy and yelled, "You, go to your room, right now! Beat it!" Clay didn't even question it, but he didn't go all the way to his room. He hid in the darkness of the hallway. Merlok noticed that the family looked nothing like Clay, nor did they act like him. Now seeing Clay's family, he now knew that Clay looked familiar but he didn't know how. 'Why does Clay look so familiar? I have never met him and yet he acts like someone I have met but who?'