The robe that hung on my door welcomed me... the soft material beneath my fingers as I engulfed my broad body in it.

Today was the day that I was having my meeting with Alberto. The day that would surely end all my suffering. Or at least I hoped that it would. Alberto was the best in the business and I was putting my full trust in him.

I walked over to the door and creaked it open lazily, stepping out into the hallway and continuing to stroll towards the kitchen — where the day always started. The muffled conversation from the maids could be heard but none of my men were awake — nor anybody else, as I was usually the first to wake. I guess you could call me an early-riser but that's the way it's always been.

Once I had arrived at the kitchen, I was immediately greeted by the maids. Their heads bowed in my direction.

"Morning." Rosie mumbled with a smile, leaning her body over the edge of the counter in my direction. "Did you sleep okay?"

I shrugged and nodded. "I slept good."

My nightmares were something that I had gotten used to. Therefore I didn't like people to make a fuss.... it just made things bigger than it already was; bigger than it had to be.

Rosie nodded and turned around to face the oven and stove. "Do you want something? Coffee?"

"I'm fine for now." I answered, taking a seat at the head of the table.

The maids began to prepare breakfast for the rest of the people that would be having breakfast shortly while I sat and read my newspaper. A habit that I got from my father but it had always stuck with me.

Eventually others started to pile in. My men were first and then Arianna came waddling in shortly after.

"What time is the meeting?" Leon asked across the table.

"Two hours." I responded, my eyes focused on the newspaper. "I'll get dressed and sort everything out after breakfast."

Just at that moment, the door creaked open and my eyes casually peeked up — Eva standing there with the silky dress perfectly framing her petiteness. My eyes took her whole body in before my eyes quickly darted back up to her face. Her eyes were already on me.

"Morning." She spoke with a warm smile. Everyone looked towards her and returned her sweet greeting with smiles and kind words. It didn't take long before she was sitting down near me, her body comfortable for once.

"How did you sleep, Eva?" I asked her through the newspaper.

Her eyes shot up at me as she smiled. "I slept well... thank you."

I nodded and continued to distract myself with the newspaper. The last thing I wanted was to draw attention to what happened last night — especially infront of my men.

Breakfast didn't run any differently and before I knew it, I was sitting in my office and waiting for Alberto to come for the meeting. Excitement and nervousness coursed through my body in anticipation.

My stomach felt queasy for some reason. I wasn't sure whether it was because I was finally putting an end to my nightmares — or perhaps it was even doubt.