vi

"Ai'Beam," Forth said.

"Hm," Beam answered without bothered looking up at Forth's face.

"It will be on the Friday," Forth said. "The hazing thing". "if you still want to go."

"I do," Beam said softy.

"I'll be busy for the preparations this whole weekdays," Forth said.

"Hm...".

"So will you spend today with me?".

Beam stopped anything he was doing and then he looked up.

"Don't need to do or think about anything, just wanna feel the old days with you," Forth said.

Beam tilted his head in suspicion.

"Maybe,". "I can give it a second thought, about escorting you."

Beam heaved a sigh and nodded.

Yeah, please forget.

"Sure," Beam said as he stared back at his porridge and took a spoonful of it into his mouth.

He could hear Forth's restrained happy laugh.

"It's Saturday," Forth said. "What do you wanna do?"

"Hmmm..." Beam said. "I usually sleep or study with Pha and Kit," Beam said. "But for today...". "Hmm... I am suddenly craving for the latte in that café, you remember?".

"Of course," Forth said and he nodded. "Do you wanna go home and have a shower first, or...?".

"Of course," Beam said.

"Ok, then, I'll pick you u-".

"I'll go there myself. You just wait there," Beam said.

"Got it," Forth said and nodded. "Do you want me to drive yo-".

"I'll drive myself home," Beam said as he quickly finished his breakfast.

**

"Should we really ride our bike to a friggin' mountain?" Forth chuckled. "how can our cars are not available at the same time at time like this?". " yeah, alright, alright, 4 pm,". "Yeah, I'll take some rest before. Alright, bye, bud," Forth said before he hung up. "Sorry. The hazing team," Forth said to Beam as he put his phone on top of the table.

"You can use my car," Beam said.

"No, it's fine," Forth said. "We'll just go there for a while, checking out the place, and get back."

Beam nodded as he stirred his cold latte.

"Oh, right," Forth said as he took a plastic bag from his jeans' pocket. "Here," Forth said as he put it next to Beam's latte. "Pain killer."

Beam stared at Forth who was casually gulping down his bitter americano.

He felt better. Forth acted like usual. So casual. He really wished things to stay like this, for Forth to forget that night.

"Thanks," Beam said as he took the plastic bag.

"Sure," Forth said lightly. "Oh, and let's us go grocery shopping today," Forth said.

"It's still a week left, I can do it later," Beam said.

"Yeah, but, you know, I'll be busy later and I don't want you to miss anything,".

"I can go with Pha or Kit," Beam said.

"You sure?" Forth asked.

Beam frowned slightly as he then remembered Ming and Yo.