Chapter 13 (Just a fool)

AN: I know she wasn't really asking this. But you know, since I was so overwhelm meeting her here on wattpad. I decided to dedicate this chapter for her for giving me the strength and hope that there are Filipino wattpad writers who still exist just like the kind of goals that I want to reach, reaching our beloved readers whether they' are a foreginer or a filipino writer too. Check out my new friend! She's sooooo cool. And I practically love her "Silent Heartbeat" vampire thing. #VampMode

Lol. As I said, I'm a generous follower. When I like you, I like you.

_____________________________________________________________________________

        Cassy was on a make-shift bar stand, her hair a mess, her lips even made redder by a lipstick and her mascara running down her face. The song of Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton’s song “Just a Fool” was being played on the background minus 1.

     “Another shot of whiskey please bartender, keep it coming ‘till I don’t remember at all…” Cassy started singing, pretending to take a drink, “…how bad it hurts when you’re gone, na na na… OH!”

    “Turn the music up a little louder, just got to pass the midnight hour oh oh…” she looked far away. “Maybe tomorrow it won’t be this hard.” She could remember their memories and it hurts. She closed her eyes, trying to numb the pain.

    She drunkenly stood up, “Who am I ‘kiddin?” her voice starting to rise, “I know what I’m missing! OH I, I had my heart set on you!” she could definitely relate to the song. “But nothing hurts like you do, who knew love would this be cruel?  Yeah, yeah, I’m just a fool!” she crumpled to the floor. “It’s my fault to think you’d be true, yeah… yeah. I’m just a fool.” She sung it sadly.

    The lights focused on James now who just entered the scene, “I said I don’t care, I walk away… whatever.” He approached her, “And I tell myself we were bad together uh-huh.” He remembered their fight at the co-op. How it hurts seeing her got hurt when he said those words.

   “That’s just me trying to move on without you…” he offered a hand to Cassy, she stood up and then they sang a duet. “Who am I ‘kiddin? I have my heart set on you!” they pointed each other. “But nothing hurts like you do. Who knew love could this be cruel?” he held her face gently. “I, waited and waited for you! For someone who’d never come home.” She moved away from him, “It’s my fault to think you’d be true. I’m just a fool. A fool for you…” the lights went down.

    The crowd applauded wildly for them, they took a bow. She immediately went to the backstage. Mara was there, “Cassandra, I’m so sorry for what happened. The truth is, it’s not James fault. It’s all mine.”

“What do you mean?”

     Mara looked guilty, “One day I pretended to apologize to him for drugging you. So I offered to treat him out as a peace offering. And then I made him so drunk. That’s when I blackmailed him that if he didn’t become my boyfriend, I’ll come to your house and expose your relationship with James.”

“So?”

    “So I knew that your father was strict about boyfriends so I used that to my advantage. I seduced him and kissed him adding to the threat that is he still didn’t comply; I’ll show this video to you.”

“You evil woman!” Cassy hissed.

    Mara nodded, “I know. That’s why I’m admitting all my sins now. We kept it a secret for awhile, that’s when he tried avoiding you because he felt guilty and I also poisoned his mind with facts that he wasn’t good enough for you.”