Chapter 08 (Can't take my eyes off of you)

• Dedicated kay Mimz Smiler

      "It's easy Cass. Just shoot it. Here let me help you." James held Cassy's hand, aiming it at the ring after 20x of trying, Cassy finally shoot. She squealed with joy, hugging her boyfriend. Helen and Kevin walked up to them, they both looked guilty. "C-Cass... I'm so sorry." Helen tearfully apologized at her best-friend. Cassy gave the ball to James, "It's fine. I forgive you both already. It was nobody's fault."

      Helen sighed in relief, "Can I hug you now then?" Cassy nodded. They hugged each other. Kevin stepped forward, James stopped him. "Ano makiki-hug ka rin? Gusto mo yakapin mo kamao ko ulit?" (What you'll also join in the hug? Want to hug my punch?) he threatened. Kevin shook his head.

    "James! Behave ka nga!" Casy reprimanded him. "Loko kase eh. Hoy Kevin, girlfriend ko na si Cassandra ah? Distansya lang. Seloso ako!" (*Hoy "" - Cassandra is already my girlfriend okay? Just keep a fair distance okay? I'm a jealous guy) James warned.

 Helen and Kevin was shock, "Kayo na?" They both nodded. "Congrats guyssss!!!"

    "Hey Cassandra, wanna have some fun?" Mimi devilishly looked at her. They were at Mimi's house, it was 6 PM and they were still hanging out. Her curfew was up unti 9 PM. Cassy nodded. Mimi called all of their friends. They bought can of sprays and 2 tray of eggs.

    "Uhh... What are we going to do with this?" Cassy asked. Mimi grinned, "Poor baby! I bet you've never broken a single rule in your life haven't you?" she asked. Cassy shook her head. "Obviously! And you and CJ was too pampered, it's only now you and CJ can hang out on your own, right?" she stated. Cassy nodded again. "So it was the Montrey kids who you always play with when you were young huh?"

"Well if you can call us fighting, playing then... yeah."

"Tsk. Tsk! You have to learn to loosen up girl!" Mimi smiled, "Stick with me and you won't regret it. My middle name is Ms. Fun!"

      Mimi, Cassy, Luna, Amna, Ally, Bashar and Helen all carried spray of cans, graffittis and Bashar carried the 2 tray of eggs since he was the youngest. They came to every house. Mimi was the one to knock on the doors and for the girls to ring the door bells. When the owner comest out, they would all throw eggs at them. The owner would scream and ran after them, but theyh'd ran for their lives laughing out loud.

     Sometimes when no one answers the door, Mimi would kicked it, pissing the owners inside. Some would scream in Arabic like "Yahamara!" or in Indian "Gandu!" in tagalong; "Mga gagong bata!" and in the best curse is in English; YOU BLOODY KIDDDSSS!!! Their hearts would beat so fast. Sometimes they would even go to the "Hunted house" and would pretty it up with the spray cans and graffittis they had in their hands. Sometimes even James and the guys would join in the fun when they weren't too busy playing soccer, basketball or skateboarding. The next day when the owner would see the "Hunted house" his scream would fill the whole neighbourhood.

    One night, Mimi brought the girls to the huge parking lot where the boys were currently playing soccer in seven in the evening. "Guys, ready to annoy our friends?" Mimi mischievously grinned. The girls said "YEAH!" she let Cassy do the honour of sitting on the grocery cart, while on the other was Helen. "Lezze have zome fun bitches!" Mimi laughed, pushing the cart towards the parking lot, distrupting their play. "Oh come on girls!" the guys groaned.

      The girls laughters filled the night as Cassy and Helen went round and round, preventing anyone from paying anymore. The guys gave in and joined in the fun too. Taruk played his music and everyone stated dancing like crazy fools.

     "I dare you! I dare you!" Cassy could hear Mimi screaming at James until everyone joined in the teasing; "KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS!!!" they have been together for 2 months but James and Cassy haven't even had their first kiss yet.

      Cassy felt tipsy being spun around and around the cart, James stopped the cart, looking at Cassy seductively, raising both his eyebrows. "Isa lang please?" he charmingly smiled at her, disarming all her defences.

      "Oh no you don't!" Cassy giggled. "KISS! KISS! KISS!" their shouts and music overwhelmed the silent night. "Come on you fag! Just kiss her already!" the guys teased him.

      James laughed even more as they Taruk played the song "Cant take my eyes off you" by Frankie Valli; "Sige i'spin kita one last time. Once the cart stops I'll kiss you ha luv?" (Okay I'll spin you one last time) Cassy nodded. He spins the cart again but before it stop spinning, he stopped the cart half-way, giving Cassy a heart attack. He leaned towards her. She could feel herself turning crimson red, she held fast onto the grills. She thought he was going to kiss her on the lips, but he only kissed her on the cheeks out of respect. "I love you, luv." He smiled and she smiled back.

"Oh shit You guys are too cute, I'm going to barf!" Abood drank one can of pepsi. James carried her into his arms from the cart, "Dance with me?"

"I-I don't know how to dance properly."

He smiled, "You only have to close your eyes and feel the music."

      He was really hot whenever he danced. Taruk played a slow dance song. He spin her around as they dance to the music. It felt so good to be young, wild and free and for that very night, to be madly in-love.

     "Luv, please come to my house please?" he frantically her one night. "Huh? Bakit?" (Huh why?) Cassy was in her room painting her nails when he called. "I'm sorry I had another gang fight. I'm bleeding. I need you!"

"You what!? I told you to stop it na diba?"

"I know Luv. Hindi ko talaga kase napigilan sarili ko eh." (I can't really control it)

"Hoy Mr. Greene kung ako makipag flirt sa ibang guys, gusto mo yun?" (Hey Mr. Greene what would you feel if I flirt with other guys? Would you want that?)

"Bugbog sirado yung mga kumag na yun saakin!" (They would be beat into a pulp for sure!)

"Aw! Ganun din feeling ko kapag nakikipag away ka. I don't like you getting hurt." (Aw! so that's exactly how I feel when you do your gang fights!)

"Uyy concern siya." (Uyy she's concern!)

"Malamang!" (Of course!) she rolled her eyes.

"Punta ka na dito please? Kaharap lang naman ako ng bahay niyo eh." (Please come to my house now? Besides you're house is just in front of mine)

She sighed, "Okay, okay! Wala mama mo jan diba?" (So you're mom is not there?)

"Yep."

"Okay, I'll be there in a sec." She gathered her emergency kit.

     She knocked at his house. James opened it immediately. "Y-You're not bleeding..." she was already in his threshold when she noticed his mom was sitting on the dining room with a bunch of food on it.

     "What is this?" she hissed in a low voice. He grinned, "I figured since you're parents don't know about us yet, I want you to meet my mom at least, I mean as my girlfriend. Para may konting formality." (*Para " " - so there would be a bit of formality) He whispered. He grabbed her hands towards the dining table.

      "Mama, si Cassandra po. Girfriend ko na po siya."  (Mama this is Cassandra, she's already my girlfriend) He smiled sheepishly. His mom sternly stared at Cassy after a nerve wracking minute, she broke into a smile. She hugged Cassy, "Hay! Salamat hindi na torpe ang anak ko!" (Oh thank god my son is no longer a wimp!)

"Ma!"

"Totoo naman eh. Sakanya ka lang na totorpe!" (Well isn't it true? You're really a wimp when it comes to her!)

"Ma! Seriously you're embarrassing me."

His mom laughed, "Sige kain na tayo." (Okay, let's eat)