My Fallen Angel Likes Blood 11

Gabriel's Point Of View

After Emily left, I decided I would go out for a run. As I entered the quiet forest, a light rain started to fall down through the trees, drenching my hair as I ran deeper and deeper in the thick trees. I would occasionally run strait up a tree and flip off of it. After a few seconds of running, I reached the crystal lake. I sat down in the grass beside the water and gazed up at the twinkling stars slightly poking through clouds, as I emptied my mind earlier today came flooding back, Emily trying to escape my grasp under the water, her small figure shaking from the cold. I smiled, remembering she almost kissed me. And when she came down the stairs in her bikini, I nearly died again. Her bikini complemented her angular body and I couldn't believe she didn't have to beat guys off with a stick, I shook my head to clear that memory before I did something I would regret. The rain gently dispensed down on me, dousing my clothes and plastering my hair to my face. I sighed quietly, would I ever tell Emily of the side of me, the true side. Would she except someone so....horrible? After she's trust me, and I tell her I've lied to her about everything.

This sucks. I will have to tell her before one day she realizes I have huge canine teeth or the fact that I don't age. Or that small detail we can't be very far apart without actual physical pain. I raked my hand through my hair over and over again. "How's my little lover boy, brother?" Kaden appeared beside me, I gave him a what-the-hell look. He smiled. "I was going to bring Emily over tomorrow, but since you're gonna be like that-" Kaden cut me off. "Oh come on! You know Sara is dying to meet Emily." He protested. "Yeah, but what if she accidentally slips and tells Emily anything?" I shot back. "Well, then you're gonna get the bitch slapping of the century." Kaden laughed. I didn't want to lose Emily.

All night, Kaden and I discussed the pros and cons, and at daybreak we just said to hell with it. "Fine, I'll bring her over later, just give Sara a heads up." Why do I get the feeling this is going to come back and bite me in the ass?

We departed and I jogged back to the house, I'm gonna be late to the bookstore. I took a quick shower and thrown on a pair of black faded jeans and a  shirt and swung on my motorcycle and rushed off to the bookstore.

It was a busy day, there was a signing from some author. Swarms of teenaged girls raced through the old Victorian bookstore. By the end of the day millions of paper cuts dominated my hands from handling so many books, three times my weight. While putting up the remains of a gothic romance, I saw the author packing up. I recognized a familiar book cover except this one was in pristine condition. "Your Christina Dischani?" I asked. "All day everyday, kid," She spoke. I finished organizing the books and walked over to her. "You read my work?" She asked stunned. 'Hell, no.' 

"No, my girl does though." I said, leaning against a bookcase. "Ahh, would you like a signed book? I have a spare," I reached into my pocket to retrieve my wallet. "No, it's on the house." She smiled as she signed the inside and handed it to me. "Thanks, she'll love this." She smiled as walked out to her car and drove off. I turned and met the gaze of Lue, the girl taking my shift after me. "See you later, Gabe." I nodded in her direction and walked out to my bike and sped off to Emily's house.

When I arrived there and I saw her car parked out front, immediately relaxed me. I saw a few lights on. Tranquilly, I strode up the sidewalk up to the door and knocked. With my hearing,  I could hear Emily rushing downstairs and yanked the door open. Her straight hair had a green bobby pin holding a piece of her bangs out of her eyes. Her beautiful lips stretched into a grin and I instantly felt weak. She was wearing tight blue jeans and a 'I killed The Prom Queen' band shirt. Her dark eyeliner pronounced her emerald green eyes. "How was school?" I asked. "It sucks as usual, how was work?" She asked as she led me into the kitchen. "I could smell the distinct tang of ketchup, fresh leaves of lettuce and different kinds of veggies. "It was good I have a surprise for you after dinner, what's cooking?" She smiled deviously. "My world famous, Hell Burgers. Of course, they're made of veggies." She balanced both plates on her left arm and the silver wear in the other. I laughed as she perfectly sat all the dishes down on the table. "Hell burgers?" I asked, trying not to laugh. I remember when she first made one, back in the fifth grade with her friend. "My friend Charlotte said I had mad cooking skills from Hell," She laughed and I grinned at her.

After dinner, we did the dishes and walked up to her room and sat down on the balcony. "When do I get my surprise?" She asked. "Right now," I said as I pulled the book from behind my back. "I bumped into someone you might know down at the bookstore." Her eyes lit up and she grinned up at me and met my gaze. I handed her the book and flipped to the first page to reveal the bold signature standing out on the pristine page. "Oh my God," She sat up on her knees, finally reaching eye level. "How did you get this?!?" She asked me with a full smile on her lips. I gave her a sly smile and said "I work at one of the best bookstores ever." She grinned happily and swiftly looked through the book.

"Thank you so much, Gabe." Her close prolixity made me realize, I wanted to kiss her. Right now. She leaned unconsciously towards me. My hand lightly placed on the base of her throat and her hands rested behind my neck. I let out a sigh and leaned closer to her beautiful lips. My lips barely grazed hers, when I felt a sharp in my throat, her blood suddenly calling to me. My hand rushed to my throat and I jerked away. My heart suddenly burned worse than my throat and I had to refrain myself from clawing at my chest. I saw Emily's hand fly to her heart and she let out a small cry. The pain of her discomfort ate at what was left of my soul.

If I didn't jerk away and have kissed her, that wouldn't have happened. Since we were bound, we couldn't do something like resist because that could hurt us both. That's why we can't be far apart, because it would be a pure agonizing Hell.

I lightly touched her shoulder and spoke in a whisper, "I'm sorry, I wont do that again." I knew she was trying to hide it, but her face fell into sadness and disappointment. GAHH!! This is killing me!! I leaned forward and pressed my forehead gently to hers. "I didn't say I wasn't going to try to kiss you again." And with that, I lightly grazed her soft lips with mine. After what seemed like finally being whole and a sense of serenity, our lips broke contact. I smiled down at her, she looked up at me then shut her eyes. After a few seconds, I cupped the side of her face with my right hand. She opened her beautiful emerald eyes and smiled up at me. "That was wonderful." Her cheeks burned a light pink. I clamped my mouth shut and finally got control of myself. "I'm glad you liked it as much as I did, Would you like to go to Kaden's place with me and hang out?" She put her hand over mine and gently squeezed. "I'd love to." I grinned broadly at her.

We arrived at Kaden and Sara's two bedroom house shortly after. It was a sunny yellow and it had tons of flowers everywhere. I helped Emily off my motorcycle and into the house, I didn't knock cause Kaden knew I was here. 'Bring her on in.' He spoke in my mind. It felt right having Emily's small hand grasping mine. I gave her a gentle squeeze and suddenly Sara burst through the living room door. "OH MY GOD. YOU'RE HERE!!!! AND- AND YOUR EMILY!!" She almost screeched in happiness. Emily quietly backed behind me. "She's not going to hurt you," I told her. "This crazy girl is Sara, Kaden's girl." I spoke, all the while pulling her from out behind me. Kaden strolled through the door and laughed at out situation. "I've heard so much about you!" Sara said to Emily. Emily nodded shyly. "Come on Emily, show her that wild child that assaulted me with a broom!" We laughed remembering it. I sent an urgent single to Kaden's mind, telling him we needed to talk. "Why don't you show Emily around and we'll catch up?" Kaden asked Sara. "Sure." We both gave Sara a knowing glance and she nodded when Emily had her back turned.

As soon as they were gone, I breathed a sigh of relief and we both crashed on the couch. "I tried to refuse Emily-" I stopped when I realized Kaden had just broke a knick knack over my head. I absently rubbed the unaffected spot. "Are you trying to kill her?!" He asked. "I- I, No! I kissed her, after my soul was lit on fire." I spoke hurriedly. Kaden sat back down and rubbed his jaw. "You have to tell her sometime, I mean she needs to know."

She's so going to hate me....