My Fallen Angel Likes Blood 18

Gabriel's Point of View

It killed me seeing her crying over me, I was standing right beside her. "You- You really were murdered." She sobbed. I got down on my knees beside her and pulled her close to me. "Emily don't cry....I'm right here....that man is dead...I'm not him." I kissed her forehead. "I- He was you." I hugged her closer to me, she was shaking. I really didn't know how to comfort her. "Baby, come on...I'm not completely dead. I'm holding you here. Right now! Can't you feel me kiss you? And stroke your cheek? I had a second chance at life, I was given a new body. Please listen to me." I pleaded with her. Emily looked up at me, her jade eyes twinkling, she almost looked scared. "Is that your grandmother over there?" She pointed to the grave beside mine. "Yes but she is in heaven...I seen her...when I was in the holy mission...that's what we called it back then."

She held me closer. "Let's get out of here." I spoke, I pulled her up to her feet and I put her into the passenger seat of her car. I started the car up, it was one of the most familiar things to me. "How did you know I was here?" She sniffled. "I could smell your tears from a mile away." I smiled over at her and turned the C.D. player on. Then, I reached over and grabbed her hand and gently squeezed. "Promise me you wont go back there." "I promise." Emily whispered. "Good, you look like you could use a hot bubble bath." She gave me a faint smile.

When we got home, I walked her upstairs and to the grand bathroom. I went over the old Victorian bath tub and ran hot water. "I can do that." She protested. "I know," I said simply as I added the soap. When she sat down beside the tub to take her shoes off, I leaned over her and pressed my forehead to hers. I cupped the said of her face with my hand and spoke. "Take your time." At that, I kissed her forehead and walked into my room. I went to get a shower.

As I stepped into the warm water, I smelled something wonderful. My stomach knotted up and my throat burned, I clenched my teeth. What is this aroma?

I felt my teeth grow and poke my gums. Oh god, not now. Not with Emily here. I realized what I was smelling was Emily. I struggled with my breathing, I have to fight for control. A growl rippled out my throat. I tried to focus on the warm water running down my body, I shivered. I breathed deep and I felt myself relax and my muscles unclenched. That was close. I could've attacked Emily.

After I got out of the shower, I saw I wasn't alone. I tensed, I tried not to speak in a growl. "Who are you?" I didn't care I was naked or the fact there was a strange girl standing in my bathroom. "What are you doing here?" I hissed. "I have come to warn you." Her voice was a painfully  high pitch. "About what?" I noticed her eyes traveled down my body, I picked up a black towel and wrapped it around my waist. Her eyes snapped up and she spoke. "Verchiel....he are coming to finish the job. He will never claim the fact that a human took the great Gabriel's devoted attention. He envied you...now he wants to make you suffer." She said in a grave tone.

"When he comes, I'll be ready. I had training from the best and even though I don't have my wings....I can take him." The girl's stare turned frightened. "I- it really is true...he did take a human in. You have a warrior's knowledge and a hero's courage...you must be careful. He will stop at nothing." I nodded. "I know." I whispered. The girl turned, as if to leave then stopped. "Gabriel sends his regards." At that, she vanished into golden light. 'I remember when I used to do that.' I mentally grumbled.