My Fallen Angel Likes Blood 10

Chapter 10

I walked into the school's gigantic orchestra room, peeking behind myself to make sure no one was following me. I went to my band locker and pulled out my cello. I sat down, cracked my knuckles and started pouring my heart into playing my favorite piece. As soon as I started playing, I immediately felt calm and relaxed. I played as quiet as possible.

I'm in a string quartet. It is my favorite part of the day when I can just take out my cello and play for hours. It's just like guitar, except its way older. Both are my favorites to play, though. Halfway through the song, I suddenly felt an eerie coldness surround me. I shuddered but kept on playing. At the end of the song, I started hearing voices out in the hallway, I began packing up my cello and stuffed it back into my band locker. When stood to walk outside I ran into someone. I looked up to meet Mrs. Taylor's soft gaze. She was my music teacher. "Just coming in to practice before class, Emily?" She asked in her soft calming voice. Mrs. Taylor was a small woman with light brown hair and she always wore slacks and a floral shirt. I blushed. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Taylor. Yes, I'm just going to class now." I waved an awkward wave and sprinted to first period. I walked into  History, The boring tan walls always matched Mr. Whitmore's dorky tie. I walked to the back of the class and sat down with my books. There was barely anyone in the classroom. "Good morning, Miss Draven." He spoke loudly. I nodded to him in response. I sat next to the back window, it was raining hard outside. As Mr. Whitmore began class, I lowered my head and let my hair fall around my face. As the rain picked up force, a sickening nauseous feeling crept through my stomach. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure through the dewed window. I hurriedly swiveled my head to look out the window, nothing. Whatever it was, was gone. "It's looks as though you've seen a ghost." Mr. Whitmore's voice boomed. I jumped in surprise, there was a buzz of snickering. People turned to stare at me. "N- No not at all." I stammered.  

He gave me a worried glance and I lowered my head even farther, I felt my face light up in a deep blush as class crawled on.

All through the rest of the classes, I kept getting the same sickening feeling. Few times I thought about running up to the waste basket and puking up my guts in front of everyone. When lunch came around, I wanted to start crying from the stomach pain. Halfway through , I staggered to the nurse's office, I soon as I walked into the vacant office, a sharp pain came rippling through my abdomen. My legs started buckling under me. The nurse gasped. "Dear, come on lets get you laid down." She pulled me over to the plastic couch and eased me down onto it. "What's your name, sweetheart?" "Emily Draven," I spoke, trying not to sound ill. "I don't know what's happening to me." My stomach felt like someone was stabbing me with a large knife. I moaned softly and squeezed my eyes shut. "I could give you a baby aspirin, and you could take it easy here for the rest of the day while I go send someone to get your school work," She placed her hand gently against my forehead, she pulled back. "No fever, my name is Mrs. Howard and if you need anything I will be in the teacher's lounge. I'll be right back with that aspirin." I nodded to her.

After she left, I wrapped my arms around my stomach and moaned again. Soon, she came back and had me sip some water along with the small aspirin. I laid back down and after what seemed like forever, I dozed off into a light sleep.

I jerked awake gasping, someone was shaking me. I looked up to see Mrs. Howard, she smiled. "Come on dear, time to go home." I pulled myself into a sitting position, then standing. "I think you should get someone to come get you." She spoke. "I have no one," I said in what came out as a whisper. "I could look for my friend's phone number." I pulled out my cell phone but already knew it was a lost cause. I don't even think Gabe has a cell phone. I searched through but I didn't find anything. I grabbed my messenger bag, reasonably light. "I'll drive myself." My stomach protested. I did my best not to puke all over the polite nurse. I held in tears as I walked out into the pouring rain. My car was only a few spots away. I crawled into the driver seat and pulled out of the parking lot. I turned on the windshield wipers as I drove to Gabe's house, not far away. I didn't want to be alone and maybe he'll know what's wrong with me.