My Fallen Angel Likes Blood 23

I was terrified just to come out of the bathroom.  Should I get a cross, run out on the balcony, shove it up in the air and scream, "Be gone, Satan!"   Something inside me said it just wouldn't work.  So I stayed inside the bathtub and waited for Gabe.  As I cowered in the tub, I heard a sharp tapping on the balcony window.  I went to make sure the bathroom door was shut and locked.  The tapping intensified.

As I stood in front of the mirror; terrified, a flash of black brought a small scream to my lips.  Suddenly, a hand covered my mouth and a pair of strong arms pulled me forward, I started thrashing. "Emily! Calm down, it's only me."  I relaxed a bit when I recognized that low voice. "Gabe?" I looked up with bleary eyes and smiled.  "It's okay, no one will hurt you." His voice was rough with anger, I buried my face in his chest and let out a shaky sob.  He stroked my hair and sat on the floor, pulling me on his lap.  "What happened?"  I asked while my face rested against his neck.  "He's gone.  He was trying to scare you and drive you on edge, He wasn't going to try to hurt you...he was just playing a sick joke on you first."  Gabe hissed.  His face was dark and he looked royally pissed off.

I slowly rested my hand of the side of his face to get him to calm down.  Whenever I saw him angry....It made me... scared?  I know he  would  never hurt me, it's just that side of Gabe looked more demon than angel. 

He sighed and shut his now midnight blue eyes.   I leaned up and pressed my lips to his.  Gabe's jaw was tight and I could taste  his anger.  He deepened the kiss but as his tongue entered my mouth, I saw we had found our mental link again.

"Gabe, please...calm down."  I pleaded in my head.  "No, he would've hurt you!  and I wasn't here to protect you."  He growled in my head.  I winced, Gabe tried breaking our kiss but I pressed myself even closer against him.  I could feel every contour of his body pressed to mine.  With my hands resting at his collar bone, I practically shoved as much love and serenity at him as I could handle. "Stop forcing emotions at me, I want to have the right to be furious."   His voice growled playfully in my head.   "Seeing you mad  just -"  I stopped from finishing that thought.  I tried my best to put a clamp on my thoughts. I didn't want him to see he scared me sometimes. He'd see how much of a wimp  I was.

"Just what?  Are you okay?  Did- Did I scare you?"   I felt him lightly skimming through my mind.  "No, no.  I'm just still a little freaked out about the whole situation."  I lied through my teeth and I noticed my thought quivered, and so did Gabe.  He reached for my hand and held it to his face.  "I would never ever, try to scare you on purpose.  I love you and I would gladly lay my life down for you."   His eyes faded back to their calming ice blue and held my gaze.   I gave him a weak smile and tried to stand.  Gabe got up faster and pulled me up with him.  "I love you, too."  I spoke aloud and stood on my tip toes and pecked him on the lips. He smiled and lightly licked his lips.  I went to walk back into my room but Gabe held my arm.   I nodded and he walked out first, senses on high alert.  With my hand in his, we walked out of my bathroom.  "Okay, it's safe.  Do you want me to help you pack?"  Gabriel turned around to face me.  "Sure."

Gabe went around my bed towards my closet.  He pulled out one of my skull suitcases and gave me a questioning glace.  I nodded.  Gabe swiftly pulled outs much clothing as he could and neatly tucked them in.  I walked over to my stereo and turned on the radio. Then, I went over to help him pack my clothing.  "Good packing music."  I mused.  Gabe chuckled and playfully ruffled my hair.  "Indeed it is."  He cracked a smile.  I recognized the band to be  My Chemical Romance. 

I basically cleaned out my whole closet and packed three pairs of shoes.  I grabbed  my mini photo album of  Helena  and me.  I went to pick up the suitcase but Gabe stopped me.  "Let me carry it."  "Okay,"  I grabbed my small trunk full of makeup and we descended downstairs.   As we walked outside, I constantly kept looking over my shoulder and listened intently to everything around me.   "What did you drive here?" I asked.  "Umm, I sort of....ran."  I was shocked.  It was over eight miles from his house to mine.  I shook it off, I would ask him it about i later.  We put my stuff in my car and  got into the passenger seat "You don't mind me driving?"  Gabe asked puzzled.  "No, I'm too tired to be scared of your driving."  I yawned as I laid my head against the cool glass and fell into a light sleep.