My Fallen Angel Likes Blood 6

Gabe's Point of view >:P  

Awesome songs for this chapter: Say Goodnight by Bullet For My Valentine. And Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine. Its scary how closely related they match this chapter.....

We walked up the grand staircase, and I led her into the first room. It was the same as was the last time I was here. Damn, I'm old.  

The four poster bed with silky blue drapes, The golden curtains, The detailed carved fireplace, everything was covered in dust. A few candle holders were beside the dresser. I tried turning on the light above. Nothing, better get the electric turned on. Grandma always loved the electricity, she'd say "Now nothing can stop me from reading, not even the darkness." I watched Emily as she walked around the room and touched the bed. She looked back and smiled "It's so beautiful, a perfect place for you to raise a family when the time comes." I didn't know why I was hoping she would have said 'us' instead of 'you'. I walked over to the door connected and opened the bathroom door. The marble floors enacted and unscathed. I walked out onto the hardwood floor of the main hallway. My boots echoed as I walked closer to the room next door. I turned the brass knob and it revealed dull pink walls, a golden daybed, dark dressers and a vast closet. Everything was under sheets, but I remember as they were, all that time ago. I remember my little cousin, Anna running hiding under the mounds of pillows as we were playing hide and go seek. I remember her tinkling laugh as I tickled her, when I heard her giggling under the pillows.  

I snapped out of that memory as I walked to the next room, the baby room, as grandma liked to call it. The walls were a pinkish cream, The cradle in the corner had a sheet over it, the doll house up on the shelf, and the pictures of angels on the walls. The room was covered in cob webs. Dust was settled so deep on the picture frames, it was hard to make-out what the pictures were of. The windows were draped in white and outside was pitch black. Emily walked over to the pale cradle and stroked the smooth wood. "Little Helena would love it here." She mused to herself. "Who?" I asked puzzled. Surely she didn't have an little sister. "Oh, my cousin. Maybe you'll meet her sometime, she's a little sweetheart." She spoke with such love. "Her parents neglect her, they have me take care of her, but I enjoy it because she's like my own baby."

I nodded. "You must bring her here, she sounds like an angel." We walked past the door to the attic, too many memories. We walked past the dusty window seat and onto the last room, my grandmothers'. 

I pushed open the massive faded white door. It revealed soft lavender walls with white trim, a black wrought iron bed, a vanity, a few dressers and the closet. I'm sure all the details was hard to comprehend, with Emily's eyesight. I walked across the pale floors to the lighter in the nightstand. I took the lighter out...hah! Still works. I went around the room lighting all the candles I could find. Finally, a soft glow laminated the room. I walked over to the few pictures on the nightstand. Of course, one of me, Annie and Grandfather. My eyes were dark and sunken in. I was fourteen in the picture. "Who is that?" Emily asked, pointing to me in the picture. "My-...my grandfather." I felt terrible lying to her. "Why does he look so sad?" She mused. I didn't have the heart to tell her: Because he was abused all his life.

"Come on, you can put some music on, while I find some supplies." She smiled and descended down the grand staircase. I walked past her in the parlor, she had her iPod somehow plugged into my grandmother's old radio, she was taping a few wires together.

So far after 5 hours, most of the downstairs was dust free and clean smelling. The most of the time, we were cleaning out the basement. It smelled as if Grandma kept all her dead cats down there. I sneaked upstairs to see Emily dusting out the "Baby room." She had a slight smile on her lips as she carefully swabbed out the cradle. She pulled the curtains back and swatted all the spiders out. Within an hour, it looked pretty and new. "You must be a pro." I spoke. She turned around startled. I smiled. She had dirt smudges on her pale face and the old clothes of mine I lent her were covered in dust. She smiled back. "I can't wait 'til it's finished." She went on cleaning the room Anna favored next. I joined in on polishing the hardwood floor. We took all the curtains and bed sheets and stuck them in the old 60's washer. "I wish I could've met your grandma, tell me what she was like." Emily was putting the fresh sheets on the beds. I was washing all the windows. "Well, appearance she had long black hair, very petite frame, and piercing blue-grey eyes. Personality she was courageous, very intelligent and she stood up for what was right."

I smiled at remembering my grandmother a sweet Christian, cussing my mother out over the phone. "Would she have liked me?" Emily asked, her emerald eyes flashing. "She would have loved you, you share so many characteristics." I could just imagine Emily meeting old Irene. Just after one in the morning, I spied Emily's eyes drooping, and she tried to hide a yawn. "Do you want to stay the night?" "I'd love to." She yawned again. 

"I could find you something to wear." I just finished washing the many sets of dishes. We walked up to Irene's old room. Emily sat down on her bed. The moonlight shown in fanning across her beautiful face. Her eyes were twinkling. I mentally slapped myself and pulled out one of the smallest clean nightgown I could find. Good thing, grandma was a tiny lady. Emily took it and held it up to herself. I was just past her knees, it had short sleeves and snow white. "I'll be just down the hall if you need me, goodnight Emily." I turned to leave. " 'Night Gabe." My heart jerked. I closed the door behind me and I walked down to my old room. I stripped down to just my boxers and laid down. The moonlight ghosting across the bed, making it a dull white. I rested my eyes as I heard fabric slipping and softly hitting the floor, then cotton being pulled over skin. I nearly lost it when I pictured her dressing.

I waited till I heard Emily's gentle breath, a lullaby, did I attempt to sleep.

I awoke to soft footsteps growing closer. Then a soft knock on my door. I went to the door and pulled it open. I almost audibly gasped when I saw the fitting gown on Emily's willowy frame. Then did I see her eyes a slight red, she had been crying. "Can I sleep in here....I-...I had a nightmare." Of course a old strange house, easily a cause to an nightmare. She looked to the floor, then looked at me. I should've wore jeans to bed, awkward. "Sure, plenty of room." I shut the door behind her. She climbed into the right side of the soft bed and laid down on her left side. I laid down beside her and pulled the blanket up over us but gave her more, I could feel her coldness. We was face to face. She put her hand against my cheeked and smiled, falling asleep. I scooted closer to her, in a protective angle. For the longest time, I watched her sleeping peacefully, I caught a glimpse of my eyes in the vanity mirror, blood red. I shut my eyes and scooted closer still, I felt her warmth beside me. She stirred in her sleep, moving closer to me. I dared my luck and wrapped my arms around her and tenderly stroked her cheek. "Gabe," She spoke, I tried to disengage myself. "Don't leave.....Mmmm." She held her slender arms around my arm. We fit together like a puzzle, Her back was to me. "I'm here, I wont leave." She nuzzled my neck, I felt my....body protest. I prayed she was in a deep enough sleep not to realize. I gradually fell into a light sleep.

I woke to the soft sunlight glowing on Emily's face. Her breathing steady. She was still snuggled up close to me. My breathing stopped as her eyes fluttered open, my human angel. 

"Gabriel." She breathed. "Go back to sleep, I'll find some breakfast." I spoke softly. She nodded. I looked down at our closeness. I got out of the bed and grabbed my jeans. I felt her gaze on me as I dressed, but I tried to focus. I slipped my shirt gently over my still healing scars. Shit! My scars...did she see them? I hurriedly walked downstairs and grabbed my boots and money. I swiftly ran through the woods to the nearest civilization.