In the corner of my eye I caught Cassian regaining his footing. He stared blankly at the two powerful men attacking each other. He stepped forward then hesitated, scanning them once more. I followed his gaze to the fighting High Lords, both men wore similar clothing, with their elegant Illyrian leathers and the multiple sheathed knives along their side. From a distance, with the dark haze setting between us, they look to be completely identical. Cassian drew out his blade and bounded forward. 

Declaring his victim, he slashed out at Rhys' side, but before his blade met flesh I was already there. I unsheathed the weapon strapped to my leathers and tilted my blade across to intercept Cassian's. I severely misjudged the strength of his attack as the impact knocked me to the ground, sending a searing pain up my arm. I looked up to see his wide eyed expression, as the blades slid against each other.

"Stand back, Feyre. They will kill me if I hurt you!" He growled, pulling back to plan another attack past me towards my mates. 

A large gust of wind howled through the valley, sending leaves flying into the sky, the gust pierced through the dark mist surrounding us, dispersing it throughout the air like smoke from a flame. The fierce winds encircled us, picking up everything in its path as it sliced through the clearing of the camp. I could finally see our surroundings as nearby tents and campfires became swept up into the haze of debris spiraling through the air.

Illyrian soldiers ducked and weaved throughout the hazardous weather, collecting all the valuables they could grasp before winds swallowed them whole. I could barely see through the haze the Illyrian Camp Leader in the distance. His arms were lifted shielding his face as he stood at the edge of the storm, his wings tucked in safety behind his broad frame as he fought the wind for footing. 

His gaze shot to me and our eyes locked but before he could react, I felt a harsh shove at my side. My eyes shot back, glaring at what hit me. A large barrier made of glistening red magic was formed in front of me, it's energy radiating off of Cassian's Siphons which was glowing like burning embers in the setting sun.

"This is for your own good, Feyre." As soon as the words left Cassian's lips I felt a soft pressure against my whole body, reaching out my hands I hit nothing but the crimson barrier that was now encircling me. Locking me away from the fight.

"Cassian!" I screamed, thrashing my balled fists against the impenetrable wall that trapped me. 

"Cassian, let me out now!" I growled but he did not stay long enough to hear as he spun on his heel and stalked towards the black cloud that was erupting in front of us. 

The darkness flashed and moved, black tendrils whipping through the air before lashing back into the centre. I could sense the booming presence of Rhys, I could feel the way his power gracefully moved, like a beautiful dance it flowed in a mesmerising rhythm through him. 

I flinched as two dark figures shot out of the dark and into the air, their familiar leathery wings beating against the winds as they drew apart before colliding together in a force that shook the ground beneath my feet.

My breath caught in my throat as one figure plummeted from the skies before smashing into the earth. 

"Rhys!" I screamed, clawing at the red magic restraining me.

Closing my eyes, I let a lone tear roll down my cheek as I sucked in a ragged breath. The power within me writhed, begging to be unleashed. I knelt down to my knee, running my hand over my protruding stomach as I calmed my racing heart. Soft kicks jolted through me but I ignored it and tried to focus, letting my power seep through me. Darkness pooled at my feet, crawling up my legs and arms, filling the small space that confined me. 

"I am Feyre..." I whispered "High Lady of the night court..." I found my footing and got to my feet, "Mate to the most powerful High Lord in history." 

Reaching up, I placed my palm flat against the barrier, letting the warmth of the magic soak into me, "Saviour of Prythian and Cauldron blessed."

 I could feel my magic coil under my skin, begging to be released. 

"Nothing can restrain me."

I opened my eyes. The power I held so tightly restrained finally surged through me in a title wave of strength. In a flash of light, I bursted through the barrier as if it were nothing, leaving it to disintegrate into the winds. 

The soothing weight of my wings hung down on me as I lifted them up to their full extent. Flames flickered at my fingertips, entwining with droplets of water. My power roared from within me, exploding into the field and distinguishing the spiralling storm that continued to rip through the camp. The magic tore through the dark clouds, leaving everyone and everything quite and bare.

"Feyre?" A voice called in the distance, I looked over to see my mate standing a few paces away from another form laying on the ground, the form pulled itself up to his elbows and turned to me. 

Rhys' face came into view and I could of sworn a flash of pride crossed his eyes as he gazed at me. I took a step forward, noticing the way darkness rippled out from behind me and seeped up into the air above. As quick as light i windowed forward, stepping out right in between my mates. 

I could see Azriel across the field, standing defensively between two Cassians. He held his arms up wide, pointing twin blades at both of the men that stood beside him, scanning their movements.

"Move," Rhysand hissed, pulling me behind him and lifting his wings. I could see his left wing had a gaping hole rip through it, and it was bleeding heavily.

"Don't touch her," Rhys growled, finding his footing and standing to his full height in front of us. Dark magic knotted at his fingertips, ready to strike as he stepped forwards.

"Stop this, now!" I demanded, pushing past Rhysand and lifting my hands to hold both of them apart. Uncurling my fingers, I laid my palms flat on their warm chests, soaking in the way their bodies slightly relaxed to my touch. 

"Don't fight." I begged, making eye contact with each of them. "Please don't fight."

"Too late for that, Feyre."

Just as the words left his lips, I felt a sharp pain shoot through my head and I collapsed to the ground.