Chapter 10: The Emo

Attention! This book is not another cheesy cliche story where everything is all happy and dandy in the end and you wish this could happen to you when really it cant happen because guys aren't like that.

i mean there is a happy ending like every story has just not cheesy. you probably noticed because many characters mention cliche stuff or attempt to do something cliche but it doesnt happen because it isn't realistic.

btw Jake and Conrad on the side :)))))

Thank you and PLEASE VOTE VOTE VOTE

Audrey Hayes

November 8th 2014, Saturday

The first thing I hear in the morning: loud, punk rock, emo music

I attempted to open my eyes, but the sight I was seeing wasn't exactly a good sign. Maybe it's just a dream?

"Oh, good you're awake! I'm making toast" she air guittared to the song that only contained screaming.

"Can you put the volume down to that awful noise?" I covered my ears.

Stevie rolled her eyes, but turned the music off knowing I didn't want to hear it at all. The first thing I noticed was Stevie's new dip dyed hair, which was magenta, new punk band shirt, and a star tattoo on her arm.

"Stevie, what happened to you?" I gasped.

I knew the party was such a bad idea

"Just a new makeover," she grinned, "you see, I made a bunch of friends at the party, and we talked about the awful music being played, and they showed me this music and, god, I freaking loved it! And I smoked and drank for the first time plus this girls isn't a virgin anymore!" she sang.

She bopped her colored hair and swayed it back and forth repeatedly. She must have noticed I was silently trying not to judge her from a distance.

I think she noticed

"I know you're judging me. Well, what happened to you and Keith huh?" She rolled her eyes.

She had to remind me

"Nothing."

"That's bull." she shouted.

I guess she also grew a temper.

"You're my best friend! You can tell me anything," Stevie cooled off and toned her voice down a bit.

I couldn't look at her in the eye and share my secrets to her. I couldn't get my eye off her nose and lip ring, her black nailpolish and heavy eyeliner or her hair. I could tell the old Stevie anything, but this new Stevie, I needed to get used to.

"I can't Stevie. Just give me some time and I'll tell you everything," I shook my head and laid back down.

I knew I would upset her, but I was really hoping she could understand.

"You know Audrey you're my best friend, but i'm not so sure anymore. Maybe you should start acting like one. Now get out," she opened the front door and motioned me to leave.

"Are you serious?" I gasped.

She ignored me and patiently waited for me to grab my bag and jacket. I realized she was serious, so I decided i should leave to get her some time to think and maybe she would change back to her old self and that this strange emo thing was just a phase.

"Hey," she called as I was already halfway up the block. "Isn't it Matt's birthday" she snickered and shut the door.

I checked the date on my phone. November 7th 2014.

Only Stevie knew what happened between me and Matt. There was so much more to just him finding out his girlfriend cheated on him and I didn't tell him. I tried to tell Matt what his girlfriend was really like, but he didn't listen. The "love" has blinded him from seeing the truth and reality. Since freshman year after Matt left, I tried to contact him, but I never seen him for three years. We all thought he went to his college early. There was 3 weeks of school left and all testing was over. He came back for graduation, but he never looked for us to take pictures or anything. He left after the ceremony, probably back to VATech. He never came back to visit for any holidays and he never picked up his phone.

Every year on Matt's birthday I ask myself whether to call him or not. I always end up calling him anyway.

I found Matt's name and called. Maybe this year he will answer? As usual, it went straight to voicemail with the stupid robot lady saying "I'm sorry this number is not available. At the tone please leave a message. When you finish recording you may hang up or press 1 for more options. Beep."

"Hey Matt," I began, "Happy 20th Birthday. I really really miss you. I wish you can stop by or call me back because I need your help and I don't have anyone to talk to anymore and Stevie changed. Maybe when you come back we can go to Miss Rosalinda's Ice Cream and catch up? I haven't been there since you took me on my 15th birthday. Happy Birthday again Matty, I love you so much and please come back you have no idea how much I needed you since you left."

I ended the voicemail quickly because I didn't want him to hear me cry.

Keith Peterson

November 8th 2014, Sunday

"I want to ask Taylor to the dance," I said as halftime began for sunday football.

"You know Keith let me give you some advice for this bet. You wanna win? Ask Audrey to the dance," Jake patted my back,

"Yea you're getting no where with this chick, meaning we're going to win and that proves you can't be serious with a girl," Conrad laughes.

"Yea, you're going to loose worse than the Patriots are against the Seahawks," Jake cheered.

The score was 21-27 with the Seahawks in the lead.

"Why haven't you said anything Nick huh? Sad the Patriots are loosing?" Conrad laughs.

"I just think that if Keith likes Taylor he should ask her to the dance not Audrey, and this bet is stupid. What happens if she finds out?" Nick started to become serious.

"Oh, but she won't. You know Nick is right. I still got all year for this bet. I am going to ask Taylor so deal with it."

Jake and Conrad shrugged and both got up to get more food because nachos and pizza wasn't enough. I high fived Nick for stickin' up for me. Tomorrow morning I will ask Taylor first thing and she will say yes and we will go to the that starlight thing of a dance. Tonight feels so good I'm sure the Giants will win.

******

"Kiss my ass! The Patriots made a comeback and won. The Patriots made a comeback and won. Oh, guys why haven't you said anhything huh? Sad the Giants lost! 28-27 The Panthers won! Alright pay up guys" Nick cheered on and on.

We all handed him the twenty dollar bills we owed him. The game was so close to ending, but hte Patriots just had to intercept last minute, and win. The Seahawks almost had it, they just made the wrong move and passed instead of pulling a running game. Idiots.

This story has a lot of symbolism and foreshadowing in it maybe you can catch them ;)

VOTE VOTE VOTE

corny joke of the day ready

What did one tide say to another?

Nothing they just waved

HA HA HA

comment some stuff I love it when you guys comment I read them all :)