Chapter 1: The Quiet Invisible

Audrey Hayes

November 4th 2014, Tuesday

"I want to try an experiment," Britney put down her sandwich slowly.

It has been an awkward silence for 10 minutes with just Britney, Stevie and I. Stevie and I slowly put down our sandwiches, waiting for the wasian to continue. She was a small talker out of us three and she was always afraid to try something new. She always liked to go with the flow. We wanted to treasure this moment that will probably never happen again. Stevie and I leaned forward ready to hear every word she delivers.

"Well as you guys know I have a science competition to make an experiment due by the end of the year and the topic is High School, right?" Britney started.

"You mentioned it," I replied biting from my turkey sandwich.

"Well we are unsocial outcasts!" Britney smiled.

Stevie and I facepalmed at how stupid she was. Of course we knew were the "loser girls" in our school. We sat just us three by ourselves at our lunch table behind the jocks table. We had never dated anyone either and no guy ever put interest into us, well not that I know of. We expected more from Britney, but I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out," Stevie chewed on her sandwich.

"Well, those are the popular kids," Britney pointed her head to the cheerleaders and the jocks sitting behind us.

"Yes, Britney we know, can you get to the point," I requested rolling my eyes.

"Shut up, Audrey, Britney is talking," Stevie hinted me.

I shrugged of her comment. "She's just stating the obvious" I implied and chewed on my sandwich.

"Well, my target in this experiment is Keith Peterson," she smiled proudly.

We all turned our heads around in sync to identify the Keith Peterson. He's your typical cliché jock, that's the quarterback of our high school and plays basketball and looks a lot like a Hollister model. I have to admit, he is good looking. He has dark brown hair and green eyes. It was a strange combination, but he made it work and look gorgeous at the same time. Are those looks even possible?

He must have noticed us looking at him because he paused and stared at us for a moment. Britney and Stevie gasped and turned back around. I looked at him a little longer, and he smiled and gave a small head nod. Then after, he started scooting next to his new girlfriend, Kiely. No she's not a cheerleader. It's shocking, I know. She was a field hockey player for the school. But, he had dated the entire cheerleading squad anyway.

"You mean you want to have sex-" Stevie began saying slowly, before Britney slapped her arm.

"What! No! Never! Let me finish!" Britney half shouted and half whispered.

Stevie and I slowly scooted away from her giving her some space to announce her new project.

"Look, we all know Keith had 13 girlfriends, including Kiely," Britney began.

"I thought he had 8!" Stevie's jaw dropped.

"You're lying there's no way he had 13 girlfriends," I rolled my eyes.

Keith may be a huge player, and I mean huge. Keith may have an ego the size of China, but there was no way in hell he had 13 girlfriends. If he did he's a bigger man whore than I thought he was.

"I know it sounds creepy, but I wanted to do this project a long time now, since Freshman Year. After Keith had 5 girlfriends that year, I came up with this experiment and been planning it ever since. I watched how the populars talk, break up, and etc. I watched movies and read books and pretty much studied this in my free time," she grinned proud of her accomplishment.

Stevie and I's jaws dropped. We never knew Brit had this side to her. We always thought she was studying, so I guess this is what she has been doing. She never made plans, and she was always studying in her plain white room. There many times when she thought she had depression becuase she enjoyed being alone, which isn't the case.

"So what's the plan," I asked her after collecting myself together.

"Look, Keith had never been dumped by anyone before, ever. All of his 13 girlfriends had been dumped. Well, 14 now," she pointed and giggled to Kiely and Keith.

Kiely was having a fit and crying. While Keith shrugged at her and ignored her laughing at his football friends. All of us were shock that someone could be so cruel like that.

"What's the plan?" Stevie crossed her arms clearly not pleased either at what Keith did.

"What if, Keith got dumped for once and felt their pain. I mean I know we aren't his exs but come on, imagine they're pain and they're not doing anything about it. Look I already got it all planned out," Britney used random hand motions.

"Typical Asian," me and Stevie said at the same time teasing Britney.

She rolled her eyes. Wow I really never seen this side of her before.

"Audrey, you're the prettiest out of us three, so clearly you play the trap. The girl he'll fall in love with," Britney said satisfyingly.

"Oh this will be good," Stevie leaned back in her chair laughing her ass off.

"Oh no, no Britney. You've seen those movies and we all know what happens in the end. Her plan falls apart, she gets caught and becomes hated by everyone so I will not play that role," I snapped shaking my head.

"But that's not what happens, and I can't tell you cause that will ruin everything," she folder her arms.

I still shook my head at the plan, knowing this was a bad idea. As much as I wanted to, I didn't want to feel guilty even if the plan does work out.

"Stevie," I pleaded to my best friend.

Stevie opened the notebook that Britney handed to her and began to read each line. I tried to sneak over her shoulder and read what was in the notebook. Stevie immediately moved away from me giving me an evil grin. I groaned at her childish behavior and began to continue eating my sandwich. I watched Stevie as she occasionally nodded her head and laughed and widened her eyes. After about five minutes she gave the notebook back to Britney.

"Audrey, do the experiment. Trust me," Stevie gave me a serious look.

I turned around and gave one last look at my possible future boyfriend, or enemy, whichever the ending turned out to be. He was laughing with his friends as his green eyes sparkled and he whipped his beautiful black hair back. we made a quick eye contact with him and his friends and I quickly turned away. I looked back at Brit and Stevie who had a desperate look all across their faces.

"Fine, I'll do it," I gave up.

Hey my lovely readers. Fangirl and vote for this chapter :) and give feedback too plz

Pic of Audrey on the side :)