twenty

Waitin For You by Demi Lovato ft

Waitin For You by Demi Lovato ft. Sirah

》   《

Dallas' POV
○●○●○

I lit myself a cigarette as I walked into a record shop. Ivy's been going on about The Rolling Stones and how much she would die for a record, so since I've got some extra money to spend I've decided to be a nice guy.

I walked into the shop and looked around, there were so many records from so many different artists and bands it was annoying to look at. How was I going to find one specific band in a sea of records?

Luckily it didn't take me as long as I thought it would to find one, and I went up to the register to pay. Usually I would just steal something I wanted, but I don't want to take a risk right now. Everytime I consider stealing or doing something stupid I think of Ivy and how she pleaded I stay out of trouble, I would do anything for that girl. Even if it meant lowering my rep, as long as I have her I don't care.

I stood behind a dude a small bit shorter than me in line, from what he was wearing I could tell he was a Soc. I waited though, my patience being tested.

"I told you to hold a record for me last week what do you mean you don't have it!?" The Soc raised his voice

"Sir, I don't have any Four Seasons records on hold, are you sure you came to this record shop?" The cashier said as calm as possible

"What other one would I go to? One in Florida? Check again, I'm getting impatient." He ordered

The cashier sighed, "What name was it under?"

"Garrett O'Neil."

I heard the name Garrett and tensed. I looked the guy up and down, he fit all the descriptions. He really did look like a Ken Doll. The Soc must have felt my glare, because he shot me one right back "What are you looking at, Grease?"

I didn't respond, just shot him a cold stare. The cashier came back and handed Garrett a Four Seasons record, Garrett slamming his money on the table and leaving. I watched him walk out, I wasn't letting him get away. Not when he was within reach. "That will be $3."

I pulled what felt like three dollar bills out of my pocket and left it in the counter, speed walking out the door without thinking. I caught up with the Soc, he was about to get in a white mustang. There was no way to do this subtly, so I had to go all hood. Put my arm around his neck, yanking him backwards behind the record shop. I crouched down while he struggled to get my arm away from his neck. I held him to where he could still breath, but he can't move or speak.

I pulled a heater out of my jacket and held it against his head. I could tell he knew what it was, because he started flailing like a fish once the cold metal touched his temple. "You like to mess with my girl, is that right?" I said through bared teeth so close to his face I bet he could feel my neck vibrate with every syllable

"Let go of me." He wheezed

"You're lucky you're still alive you piece of shit, where I come from you would have been dead the moment you even looked at Ivy, you hear? Now I ain't gonna kill ya...but watch your fucking back you worthless prick. Tell your girlfriend to keep her mouth shut, don't even so much as look at my girl, and if you try anything with you and your friends against either of us I'm not going to be as forgiving next time. This is your warning, Garrett. You can either run and take my words into consideration that I will not hesitate to blow your head off if you get any of your trash friends involved with this, or you can go run like a pussy to the police and have a whole town of hoods after your tail. Take your pick, I highly suggest the first one."

I clicked the hammer, making Garrett try and pull his head away from the gun as far as possible. "Remember this, Soc." I hissed

I let him go and he coughed a bunch before he stumbled away with his record. He got into his mustang and drove off, I didn't let him see my face as he did. I walked the other direction, putting my heater back into my jacket. I lit another cigarette and walked towards the DX, Ivy was at work and I wanted to surprise her.

Do I think I did the right thing? Yes and no. I needed that closure, I knew I wasn't going to be able to just let things slide like that. Plus it's fun being myself again. I know I promised Ivy I'd stay out of trouble but that's why I didn't pull the trigger. I made that promise because I love her, and I also had to let Garrett know he messed with the wrong people because I loved her. In the end I'm still Dallas Winston, and that name alone will always spell trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
878 words

Uh guys its been like 4 days and already 100+ reads, what!? Omg I'm so happy about that you have no idea, tysm

Uh guys its been like 4 days and already 100+ reads, what!? Omg I'm so happy about that you have no idea, tysm. This chapter is being posted on Mother's day so happy mother's day! PS that. feckin. GIF. omlll
- Julie