eleven

Basic by N i G H T S

》   《

IVY'S POV
●○●○

I woke up to Dallas holding my body like a teddy bear and my face so close to his I can feel him breathe. He looked so peaceful when he slept, innocent even. I smiled to myself as I observed him in depth for the first time. I almost forgot what happened last night, but once I remembered I felt my heart get warm, I hadn't been that happy in so long. I haven't had a single person make me that happy all my life.

Me waking up must have done the same to Dallas, because I saw his eyes start to flutter open. I closed my eyes and relaxed my body again to pretend I hadn't woken up yet. I could feel him looking at me, and soon enough he commented, "You know, you're a pretty bad actor."

I felt my lips turn up into a smile and once I heard Dallas chuckle I couldn't hold it in any longer. I laughed and Dallas laughed with me, I finally opened my eyes and for a moment we just laid there gazing at each other. What incredible features this boy has.

I sat up and yawned, popping my back and preparing myself for whatever the day may hold. Dallas sat up after me and stretched, I asked, "What's the plan for today?" as I ran my hand through my hair as an attempt to keep it looking semi-presentable.

"I have things to do so if you want I can drop you off somewhere in town and we can meet up later." Dallas offered

I picked up my bag and since it felt like the same weight it was yesterday I just put it on my back and didn't worry about it. I'm a light sleeper so if he would have somehow gotten to my bag he would have had to have to get up without me noticing, and given I was as close to him as I could possibly get that's nearly impossible.

I reached back and pulled a chocolate bar out of the side pocket, throwing a second one to Dallas. He caught it with a look of surprise, as if I was just going to keep it all to myself. I might be needy, but I sure ain't greedy.

"Sounds good." I replied as I opened my chocolate bar and took a bite

"Hey maybe you can hang out with the Curtis', at least you won't be lonely." Dallas offered

"I wouldn't be intrusive?" I asked

"I can tell they already like you, and not just because Two-Bit was hittin' on you. They were just messing around by the way." Dallas slightly chuckled

"I know, they seem cool." I smiled

"Yeah, you should get to know them." Dallas suggested

"I don't think the older one likes me though." I mentioned

"It's hard to get on Darry's good side, don't take it personal. He's actually real cool once he gets comfortable with someone." Dallas explained

"And if he never does?" I asked