seventeen

O N E by Kai Wachi

O N E by Kai Wachi

》 《

Its been weeks since the whole DX fiasco and I'm surprised not as much happened as I thought it would. I took a week and a half off of working, but I eventually returned to the DX. No Socs have shown their face since, which I'm glad for. I later learned the Ken Doll's name is Garrett, and the ginger was Jimmy. I was right when I guessed they were Whitney and McKayla's boys, apparently Whitney and Garrett are hot shit. Why am I not surprised? They look like the stereotypical perfect cartoon animated couple.

Whenever I see madras or mustangs I get a sickening feeling in my stomach, the memory kept coming back. The need for murder that ran through my veins, no one understands. The guys think I broke down because I thought I did the wrong thing but in reality I don't regret it, I'm just scared. Scared of myself and what I'm capable of.

I stopped carrying a blade, I start to shake whenever I hold one. I feel safer around myself without it believe it or not, I don't like having it on me. No Socs have tried to jump me, but I haven't walked alone. Dallas is more infuriated by the situation than anyone else, he wants revenge on those Socs more than I do. I keep him in check though, at least I can have some kind of control over someone's anger. Wish it was mine.

It was the weekend, no work today. I had finally met Tim and Curly Shepherd with Dallas, I didn't like them much. Tim was too handsy, making suggestive comments and movements towards me. He was a toe-headed cowboy just like the guys said, I would gladly knock his lights out of he ever stepped too far out of line. Dallas always beat me to it though, he's really protective of me and how I'm treated. I feel safe around him, not only because he had my back but because he made me feel like I wasn't alone. I love that boy, I really do.

Speaking of Dallas and the Shepherd's, I was supposed to meet them soon at a drag race. Usually I would stick around for Dally and Tim's pre-race horseplay but this time I wasn't in the mood to watch Dal nearly get his lights knocked out and return the favor. Instead I told him I was going to spend some time with the gang and meet him there with whoever wants to tag along. This time it was just Johnny and Ponyboy, the others either didn't want to come or had something else better to do.

I had on my signature leather jacket and leather pants to match, along with a red halter top tucked into my pants to add a pop of color. Knowing drag races, I had to tie my hair back because of how close Dallas liked to stand next to the track. I had my hair in a ponytail, held back by a red handkerchief I used as a headband. I put on cherry red lipstick today as well because I was feeling adventurous.

Me and the boys were walking, making small talk as we did. They were more quiet than the others, not the type to wrestle in the middle of the livingroom for fun or get drunk until you're rolling on the floor laughing at hell who knows what. Then again, Pony was just a kid, not much older than 14. I remember when I was 14, I was nowhere near as pure as these kids. In fact I don't think I've ever been as innocent as Johnny, not even as a child. Its a good trait to have in some cases, but can also be a curse. Especially when you're a Greaser.