JIKOOK "Memory Of You" - Part 2

Start from the beginning

I frowned before asking out of curiosity or maybe I just misheard it, "N-ninth tail...?"

He nods, "I have remaining one left to formed out. This forest is also temporary.This is how a forest at Geongju looks like back then. So just until the process, stay here."

"You are speaking gibberish. Why would I?!"

"You're the one who unleashed the spell and who broke the cage."

I gulped as soon as the memories from earlier popped up. Like, how I broke the cage by a normal pen. I saw everything already, but I can't still believe it.

"Are you really the gumiho who have gone from the book? The one with white fur and nine tails? Really?"

He nodded slowly.

"This is ridiculous."

I smirked before brushing my hair back with my fingers. "So what it has something to do with me staying here?" I asked.

"I... have nowhere to go before this illusion forest disappears." His eyes are looking lost.

"Illusion..?"

"Lord Jin provided me a temporary forest to stay. Since, summoning every tail is something I can't control. And I can't just let ordinary people see it."

I heavily sighed as I crosses my arms, looking annoyed. "Happiness, you are so great at giving me hard time."

"Happiness? God of Happiness?" The male suddenly said as I assume he can hear my thoughts. I glared at him and say something in my mind. "Oi. Gumiho." But he did not move and didn't say anything. Maybe I was wrong? I definitely didn't mumbled anything.

"Excuse me but.." He walks closer to me. "It's Lord Jin."

I stepped back, "Who..?"

"The god of popularity and happiness. Lord Jin. Don't call him just Happiness. He hates that." He made a small laugh as he places his hands at his back like a nobleman from the past.

Wait, does that mean that old man sent this creature to me give me more of a hard time to avenge on me?

"By any chance, have I cheated with that old man's wife in my past life?"

"Eh?" He sounds clueless.

Maybe not? I should have converted to Christian, I guess.

As I brainstorm to understand the situation, in my peripheral vision I saw him taking a few step back and soon found myself surrounded by dust-like lights; like hundreds of them. I looked up where is it coming from. My eyes followed them and ended up looking at the male from earlier, he began looking ethereal before my eyes as his eight tails are flowing behind him; until the last tail slowly forming into like his remaining tails. My eyes sparkles along with the "summoning" of his last tail. His eyes changed into a green color. His hair change into a really long white hair. With him wearing my sweater, maybe I am crazy for thinking. But, I felt my heart skipped for a moment. He made me feel something else than being scared. I shake my head to clear up my thoughts as soon as his tail formed.

"You are not even kidding about being gumiho then.."

He smiles softly and didn't say anything. Sooner, his eyes went brown along with his hair that went black; his tails also went gone. But dust lights are still everywhere that is making the forest even more brighter.

"How long are you locked up in the cage?"

"I was locked up for 700 years.."

"700--"

Suddenly, I felt the ground suddenly moved as if there's an earthquake; the forest began shaking. We both look startled as we bent our knees to keep our balance. The gumiho took some steps to me with a worried face. However, I saw a tall tree that looks like giving up and losing on its stand. I observed the tree as it keeps bending--I calculated that the tree could hit gumiho. Without any hesitation I ran as the tree gets faster from falling, I pulled him closer to me by his arm, but I thought I was too late as the tree falls down exactly at where we are. I closed my eyes and duct.

But.. it didn't happened. The gumiho I thought who'd duct with me, is carrying the tall tree with his bare hands. "These are illusion but it can still hurt us." He said.

He dropped it off and made a loud sound. I almost thought I will die but I was more shocked about him. Are gumihos are really that strong? But there aren't more any time to think as of now. I grabbed his wrist before I run, thinking where could be the exit. So, I asked this gumiho running with me and shouted, "Where is the exit?!"

"If we saw a blue light, that's the exit!" He replied as he runs with me.

"Explain everything later!" I just kept running.

"I already did!!!"

"Shut up!" I unconsciously lace his fingers together with mine to hold him tight through out the long run.

Sooner, a blue light along the road popped out. I directly jumped into it along with him. We went out of the forest and found ourselves in the middle of a playground. This seem familiar so I know where to go.

I panted so hard and literally showering on my sweats. I bent over to and rest my hands at my knees; I looked up at the male who is wiping all of his sweats with my sweater's sleeves. I went furious and hit his leg. He flinched.

"Ya! Forget it. I'm letting you pass since you saved me earlier.." I glance onto his leg that has a long scratch, maybe it was from one of the branches from earlier. "Are.. you okay?"

He looked at me while panting then nod. He doesn't seem to know he has a wound on him.

"Follow me." I started walking off the playground. In my peripheral vision, I saw him following by hopping like an excited kid. I shook my head and went home with him by walking since it isn't that far from my apartment.

[ a/n : i've watched videos for some inspirations. my story is so dry. but pls read and judge. HAHAHA. ]