15

THE FLOOR RUMBLED and Emma turned to her parents, "This plan could fail. If we use that bean now, we can get away for sure. We will survive."

"But it's wrong. Emma, I killed her mother." Snow said and Majo looked at Killian who looked back at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You did that to Cora because you had to."

"I did it because it was easy." the black-haired woman told her daughter. "It was a mistake. There were other paths- harder paths, and I wish I had taken them. So please, Emma, honey...let's take the hard path. Because if we don't, we will be building a future on Regina's blood."

There was a long silence until the Savior said: "Okay."

Charming threw the bean to his daughter but Killian caught it first. "You're all mad. I can live with myself"

"Give it back"

Killian turned to the Savior, "If she wants to die for us, I say we let her."

"You and I- we understand each other. Look out for yourself, and you'll never get hurt, right?"

"Worked quite well for us," Majo commented.

Emma turned to the warlock, "Yeah, till the day that it doesn't." She turned back to Killian. "We're doing this. It might be stupid. It might be crazy, but we're doing it. So...you can join us and be a part of something, or you can do what you two do best and be alone." She stretched out her hand.

Killian tilted his head to the side but then handed her the black pouch. "Quite passionate, Swan." as people were leaving he leaned towards the blonde, "Why are you really doing this?"

"The kid just lost his father today. I'm not letting him lose a mother, too." with that she left, leaving the pirates standing in the diner.

*****

Baelfire had asked Majo what her favorite book was so she had gotten in a detailed description about her favorite character. "You know what? I'm gonna get you the book."

The two of them walked into Killian's cabin and Majo got her book. She had given it to Killian in hopes he'd read it but she doubted he ever did.

Bae was standing in the doorway as his eyes landed on a drawing on Killian's desk. It was the drawing of Milah. "What is this?" he asked and picked it up.

"Bae, it's not what it seems."

"Who is it?" he asked but it was clear that he already knew the answer.

Majo sighed, "Your mother."

Bae stormed onto the Main Deck. "Face me, Villain!" he yelled at Killian. And swung his blade at the Captain who quickly ducked.

"Whoa! Whoa. What's this about, Bae?"

The boy held up the drawing. "I found this...on your desk. It's...It's my mother. How'd you get it!?"

"Bae-"

"How?!" He swung his sword again and Killian ducked. "You're the pirate that killed her!" he brought the sword down on Killian who blocked it with his hook and threw it to the side.

"I didn't kill your mother. We fell in love. And we ran off together. Your father lied to you. He was too much of a coward to tell you the truth. He tore her heart out and crushed it in front of me. And I've spent every moment since then wanting revenge."

Baelfire looked at Killian, "She abandoned me?"

"Not a single day went past when your mother didn't regret leaving you, Baelfire. We talked about going back for you when you were old enough. Perhaps fate brought us together so that I can make good on those plans. We can live the Life that Milah wanted for us, as a family."