11

"GOLD," EMMA SAID as they entered the apartment, "Come on, please. We really shouldn't be here."

"I don't think he's listening," Henry told his mom.

The three of them went looking through the apartment, as Majo stood at the door and watched them.

"You find something dearie?" Gold asked as Emma was inspecting a dreamcatcher.

"Nothing. Uh, it just looks like a dream catcher."

"Yeah, well, if it's nothing, why are you still holding it?" Emma turned away and Gold pointed at her, "You're lying to me."

"Just get back to looking, okay?"

"No, no, no. You saw something. Tell me."

Emma turned to the crocodile. "You don't know what you're talk-"

"Tell me!"

The Savior turned to her son. "Henry, go wait in the bathroom."

"But I can help-"

"Henry go!" Emma yelled and Henry went off.

Majo looked between Emma and Gold and then walked after Henry, "I'll go talk to him."

The two of them stood in the bathroom and Henry sat on the rim of the bathtub.

The warlock leaned against the door and looked at the kid, "You know she only wants the best for you, right?"

The kid nodded and then looked up to the warlock. "I thought you don't like my mom."

Majo waved off, "Yeah, I don't really like her but I've seen what Rumplestiltskin has done to people when angry and I really don't want that to happen to you."

"Why? You don't even know me."

"Well, don't tell anyone," Majo said in a whisper tone, "but kids are kinda my weakness. I've always wanted a child but I'm a warlock, I can't have children so instead of having my own I tend to protect children I meet." 

*****

Majo and Killian were sitting in a tavern and listening to a woman sing. Both of them knew her voice. They had heard it in the oceans of Neverland.

Killian stood up and went to talk to her. The warlock waited at their table and soon they both sat down with her.

"After I let you escape, my father said I had to obey his rules if I wanted to live in his ocean." the dark-haired mermaid explained to the pirates.

"Ah," Killian said, "I see you don't take well to ultimatums."

The mermaid chuckled."I broke into his vault and stole this." she showed the pirates a bracelet she was wearing, "It lets me walk on land."

"Well, you're a brave lass."

"My father wasn't always so cruel, you know. He used to be happy. Listening to my mother and me sing used to bring him joy."

Majo leaned forward, "Well, what changed that?"

"My mother was killed...by a Pirate. That's why he forbade me to sing, except to guide sailors to their doom. He turned my voice into a weapon. But it's all I have left of my mother. Singing is the only way to keep her spirit alive."

"You have a rare gift," Killian told her. "Your voice can soothe even the most haunted soul."

"You really think so?" the Mermaid smiled.