"I want ice cream," Jimin announces to no one in particular. He shuts the laptop in the middle of stroller browsing. Jin pops his head in the living room in record time. Everyone has been waiting on Jimin hand and foot, even though it's only been six weeks.

"Do you want me to pick some up for you?" Jin asks.

"Can we just go to the parlor? I'm not sure what flavors I want," Jimin says. Jin assures him that that's fine and he helps the omega to his feet. Jin hollers to Namjoon that they're going out as they open the front door.

"I'll come with you!" Namjoon shouts back. They hear scrambling in the other room and Jin only rolls his eyes. His protectiveness is almost insufferable.

"It'll be ten minutes, don't worry!" Jin calls back. They shut the front door before anymore protests can be heard. Jimin smiles lightly at his hyungs' antics. Everyone wants to be the one to care for Jimin, but there's just not enough of him to go around.

Jin doesn't want Jimin to walk, but the omega insists the exercise and fresh air is good for him. Besides, it's only a minute away. Jimin is already thinking of the flavors he wants. There are almost too many to chose from, but picking an ice cream flavor is one of the simplest problems he's ever had. It's a nice change.

Jimin decides on peach and raspberry and Jin picks cotton candy. Jimin licks his spoon happily. "Thank you for taking me out hyung."

"Anytime Jiminie," Jin answers. Jimin reaches over and takes a spoonful of Jin's ice cream with a playful smile. Jin can only grin back. Jimin would have never -- never -- helped himself to someone else's food a year ago. The omega's progress has made the entire pack proud.

Jin hears the door open behind him and watches as Jimin's smile slowly fades. "We should go," Jimin says quietly, fearfully. Jin turns around to see who Jimin is staring at with such terror, but he doesn't recognize the three men.

"What's wrong?" Jin asks. Jimin's already out of his seat and out the door, his strong scent of fear souring the air as he goes. Their dessert is forgotten as Jin follows Jimin down the street. "Jimin, talk to me, please."

"They-they're my old al-alphas," Jimin pauses to swallow the lump in his throat. "They're part of my old pack."

It's been a long time since Jimin's had a panic attack, but Jin recognizes it fast. He opens his arms and the omega takes deep breathes in Jin's arms. "I've got you Jimin. It's okay. You don't have to deal with them anymore. Not ever again."

Jimin panics again when he sees three figures watching them as they stalk down the street. "Hyung. They saw me." Fear drips from Jimin's voice.

"Come on," Jin says. He takes Jimin's hand to get him away from the monsters that traumatized him. Unfortunately, their path is blocked by two other alphas.

"I thought I recognized that scent," Hyungwon says. Jimin's eyes are wide and he desperately tries to stop the tremble in his knees. He clings to Jin's hand tightly as memories of pain come flooding back.

The three alphas behind them finally catch up and Jin steps so he and Jimin aren't surrounded by them entirely. He knows he's outnumbered and against alphas, but Jimin is his omega and pregnant with his pack's young. There's no way his letting a single one of these alphas' get any closer. They won't so much as touch Jimin.

"Never thought we'd see this one again. I'm surprised he's even still alive," one alpha says. He takes a step towards Jimin. "He always was a weak one."

"Take one more step and you're dead," Jin threatens. He keeps his head high and stays directly in front of Jimin.

"Feisty," another chuckles.