I'm Sorry

Jimin wakes to a cold bed and the stale scent of omega. His body is stiff but the pain is more bearable. He doesn't remember where he is at first, but one thought comes to mind. "Yoongi-hyung?"

Yoongi quickly stumbles out of the bathroom bleary eyes. He looks over Jimin before coming to the conclusion that the omega is okay. "Morning. Do you feel any better?"

Jimin hums and nods as he wraps the blankets tighter around him. He feels something he hasn't in a long time. "Safe."

"Yes," Yoongi assures him. "You are very safe. Jin-hyung had go to work but he'll be back tonight in time to make dinner."

"M'kay," Jimin says. He blinks, long eyelashes grazing his cheeks that are puffier in the morning. "Do you have to leave too?"

"No. I'm staying with you today."

"Why?" Jimin asks.

"I guessed you don't want to be left alone with four alphas you've never met," Yoongi explains. He runs his hair through Jimin's hair with a tender smile. "Want breakfast?"

"Yea," Jimin mumbles. He sits up and takes note of how much better he feels. His legs especially feel stronger. Jimin carefully pushes himself out of bed and manages to stand by himself despite the sharp pain in his spine.

Yoongi smiles as he opens the door for Jimin. He needs help to get downstairs but there's a lot of improvement from yesterday.

The kitchen is already occupied by three rambunctious alphas. Hoseok is bossing around Jungkook as he tries his best not to burn scrambled eggs and Taehyung has to duck underneath Hoseok's wild gestures to get to the fridge. They all freeze when the scent of omega hits them, spinning to look at the two newcomers.

"Oh," Hoseok says shyly as he lowers his hand mid-gesture. "Good morning."

Yoongi wraps his arms around Hoseok with a soft sound of contentedness. "Why are you three in the kitchen?"

"We wanted to make Jimin something," Hoseok explains. He smiles brightly at the omegas. It's an uncommon sight for Jimin to see an alpha look at him with such genuine compassion and joy. "You know, make him feel welcomed and everything."

"You didn't have to," Jimin says as he lowers head. He didn't want to be a burden to this pack. He could've helped cook for the alphas. That way he could show them that he knows how to cook and clean- that he's worth keeping

"We wanted to," Tae says. He gleams at the omega even though Jimin isn't looking. "I'm Taehyung by the way."

Jimin keeps his head down, unsure if he should say anything. Yoongi takes note of Jimin's nervousness.

"Do you want to try and get the alphas better?" Yoongi asks. "Or do you still want some space for today?"

"We-we can eat breakfast together," Jimin says. He figures that it's the least he can do. These alphas have welcomed him into their pack with no questions asked. They're caring for him when they don't even know if Jimin is worth the effort.

"You're so good to us," Taehyung praises. Jimin blushes from the unexpectedness of it. He's never been called good before.

"Thank you alpha," Jimin says.

"You don't have to us that," Hoseok quickly says.

"Sorry," Jimin says. Stress is coming off of him in waves as he tries his best to please the alphas. He swallows. He really doesn't want to upset them. Even if they've been tame so far, he knows how short an alpha's temper is.

"You don't have to apologize either," Jungkook adds. Jimin nods, still not knowing how to respond. The others don't push him any further.

The boys make plates for breakfast, trying to give the least burnt meal to Jimin. Jimin is given plenty of space at the table but he is still tense as he feels eyes on him.