So Not a Date

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. But I made this chapter extra long to make up for it. As I was re-reading chapter 7 I realized I made Brett sound like a pig. He really is a good guy and he can't help "those" thoughts. You'll see why in several chapters. Okay so here you guys go!!! Chapter 8! YaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*************************************************************************************

RECAP:

"Aww. You love him!" Vanessa said, speaking for the very first time.

"I do not. I just met him yesterday!" I argued back. I didn't love him right?

"Tell us everything." Carol commanded.

So I gave in and started from the beginning.

Chapter 8:

**Andrea's POV**

"Really! That's why Sam has that huge black-eye? You know everybody has been talking about it? I can't wait to tell everybody Brett was the one who gave it to him!" Sharon sounded really excited.

"No! You guys have to swear not to tell anybody about anything I just told you. I don't even think Brett wants anybody to know about what happened."

He could be the school's hero, saving innocent girls from being raped. I didn't know why he wasn't raking up all the credit. Every girl would be in love with him. He already had the looks and the whole him saving me story would really boost him up in popularity. Maybe Brett didn't want what normal guys wanted.

"WAIT, SAM TRIED TO RAPE YOU!!!!!!!!!!" Carol almost screamed. That was the first time she had spoken since I started to tell my story. She looked angry, confused, and worried at the same time. I think she just recovered from shock.

"Yeah, but luckily Brett saved me. That's another reason why I like him so much. I just feel so safe around him." It was the truth. Brett hadn't known me since elementary school, which meant I had a fresh start with him. I've barely known him, and yet I feel like I could tell him anything.

"Drea, please, please be careful. I'm sure you really do like Brett, but you don't know him. He could be another rapist, or a pimp." The concern in Carol's voice was real. I knew she was right, I really didn't know that much about Brett, but I really did trust him.

"Something tells me he didn't choose a path. He is living his life like a normal teenager" Brett hadn't shown any signs of being in a gang, or being a pimp. I wondered how he had managed to get out of this all. I truly envied him.

Carol opened her mouth to say something else, but the bell rang declaring school was over. I gently pushed Sharon out of the way, and went to my 7th period class. When I walked in the teacher gave me a disapproving look.

"I sincerely apologize. I didn't feel very well and I spent 7th period in the bathroom." The teacher didn't look like he believed my lie. Good thing he was a male.

"Cramps." I said while holding my stomach, trying to sound believable.

He cleared his throat. "Oh, ok then. The teacher's aid wrote down your notes and homework assignment. I expect you to turn in your homework tomorrow." He looked really uncomfortable as he slid a packet full of papers towards me. I just loved making teachers feel all awkward.

"Ok! Thanks Mr. P! See you tomorrow." I quickly grabbed the papers and ran out of the classroom.

As I was walking down the hallway, I started skimming through the notes and the homework. I took out a pen and began to fill out the answers on the worksheet that was given as homework. I jogged down the stairs, nearly spilling the contents of my bag as I put everything away. I made one quick trip to my locker, and shoved the books I didn't need into it. Then I nearly sprinted to the front doors. The cool air felt good against my skin. I scanned the campus, which seemed almost just like this morning.