The Addiction to Being the Heroine

Recap:

"Do you have the same abilities as you did in the library?"

"I'm like ten times more powerful." Brett said as if he were bragging about it. "The only dissadvantage is that the ghoul can't stray too far from the host or stay out of it for too long or else we could be silenced from the physical strain put on the ghoul."

I looked down on the ground, noticing for the first time Brett's body was lying motionless, lifeless, on the grass. Brett flew back into the host, and picked himself off the ground.

I laughed in disbelief. "I can NOT wait to be able to do that!"

Chapter 18

**Andrea's POV**

I slowed down to a nice even paced run, while the dark figures in front of me were still in a full on sprint. I let them get further away from me. I was almost jogging by the time Carol and Sharon caught up with me. The gang in front of us disappeared around a corner, and I came to a complete stop. Their footsteps that had echoed through the night had become dead silent. I put my hands on my hips and couldn't help but let a smirk slip on my face.

“They got them.” I said triumphantly.

“Well good for them,” Carol said sarcastically as she hunched over and grabbed her sides, “As for me I think I'm suffering from a mayor cramp right now.”

“No pain no game.” Sharon said between pants as she leaned against the building next to us.

“Exactly!” I couldn't agree more with her.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see the rest of the Tigers appear from around the corner of the building, some of them hadn't even put away their blades yet.

“Fran go with Carol to tag the buildings that the Hellhounds used to own.” I put emphasizes on the words used to.

“I don't think I can take another step.” Carol complained. “We ran for like 5 miles.”

“And?” I said not seeing a problem with that. “It wasn't part of the original plan but they kept on going in the wrong direction of where the trap had been set up.”

“Look Drea,'' Sharon said putting her hand on my shoulder, “It's a lot easier to run from the other gangs than to run after them. Maybe next time we could use some of out gang members as bait. That way the other gang will have to chase after us and we won't waste stamina herding people.”

I gave them both a exasperated look. “You guys honestly didn't have any fun being the chasers instead of being the chased?”

“Yep.” They both said at the same time.

I sighed. “Go tag buildings.” I told Carol. She groaned in response and pulled Fran along with her.

“What do you want us to do?” Amelia asked.

“Who's up for another round of hunting down gangs?!” I said enthusiastically.

A groan escaped from the gang. “How bout we just provoke a few gang members here and there and do the running and killings some other night?” Amelia asked. A chorus of agreements arose within the Tiger gang.

I pushed my bangs out of my face. “I guess so......” I said trying to show them that I really didn't want to go along with Amelia's plan.

But before I could think of any protest the gang members took off in different directions.

“Stay together!” I called after them.

“Drea? Can we Talk?” Sharon's voice came from behind me. She sounded concerned.