A Close to Normal Life

Chapter 4

I walked into the kitchen to be greeted by the wonderful smell of french toast. My mom was sitting in her chair at the counter, watching tv and sipping her coffee.

she turned around when she heard the sound of my vanz hitting the wooden floor.

"Good morning. You look so pretty in your uniform!" My mom sounded very tired.

I smiled in response and walked over to my seat and started eating but then I got a good look at my mom. I tried to disguise my laugh with a cough but failed miserably.

"What's so funny?" My mom asked, looking very puzzled.

"Mom, you put your robe on over your police uniform." I somehow said between laughs.

My mom looked down, obviously unimpressed by my immaturity."I guess i did." She said plainly.

I continued to eat my food while watching my mom. I would regret this...

"Mom what's wrong?" It almost amused me how it sounded as if I didn't know the answer to that question.

"There's a new gang out."I fake gasped."They call themselves the Tigers and last night they took out half of the Panther gang."

"Only half?" I knew that news of half of the Panther's death and the Tiger's arrival would be everywhere and there was no doubt in my mind that the other half of the Panthers would want revenge.

"Yeah. But those Tigers are very skilled. They know how to use a knife. Each one of them killed somebody last night and the only injury on their side was a gash on the arm that the leader took. You know, you do fit the description of the Tiger's leader." Uh Oh." You don't happen to have a gash on your upper right arm, do you?"

I dropped my fork on my empty plate.

"MOM!?!?!?!?" It shocked me at how little faith she had in me, but then again I had given her every reason not to have any.

"I do not have any gash on my arm." I said as I pulled up the sleave of my prep-sweater to show my very skillfully make-up covered arm.

"Okay honey. I was just checking. But please be careful while walking home from school. I don't want you to get hurt or invovled in any of this."Oh Mom, if you only knew. "Go brush your teeth. We don't want to be late for your first day of high school!"

I slowly made my way to the bathroom, and as I was passing my room, my bed became more tempting. When I finally got to my bathroom, I shut the door and looked up into the mirror. What I saw shocked me.

My mom had been right. My ruby-colored pleaded skirt which might have been a little too short, went with my skin-tone beautifully. My ruby-colored sweater made my dark-brown eyes look black. The white polo shirt and deep red tie made me look like a total prep girl. The only thing that personalized my look was my purple vans and my purple braclets that I wore on the outside of my sweater sleeves. My hair was swept back into a very messy bun and my bangs were pulled to the side of my face. But what really shocked me was my eyes. They looked dead. I realized I was staring at a killer. I admit, I felt horrible about last night but I couldn't let that show. I pulled my skirt down to an appropriate level and began to brush my teeth

--

I waved good-bye to my mom as i stepped out of the car. I immediately was intimidated by the High School that stood before me. Sinners Creek High School For Girls.(SCHSFG). Our town was really bad at naming schools because next to it was SCHSFB.(Sinners Creek High School For Boys). The High Schools shared a front campus, all sports faucilities and field trip vans.