Chapter 20

Aubree's POV

"AUBREE!" I hear Lauryn's voice echo through our house. "Lauryn!" I run over to her and hug her. "This'll all blow over soon." She says. I see Ian behind her and hug him too. Mitch comes downstairs and sits by me on the couch. We all chat for a bit until Lauryn asks me, "Have you told Miami yet?" I laugh a little and say, "I called her, but her and Jerome were drunk. Heavily. It was kinda funny." She smiles. "Here, I'll invite her over now and tell her." I call her and she's on her way. When her and Jerome arrive, they're hungover, but not enough to be unfunctioning. "So what's going on?" She asks. I look down at my knees and say quietly, "I have cancer..." She comes over to me and hugs me. "You'll be okay." She whispers to me. I nod my head. Soon, I get another call from the doctor. I answer it and walk out of the room. (A/N: Okay, dis gonna annoy da shiz outta me, but NONE OF THIS WIL BE MEDICALLY ACURATE (maybe) CUZ SCIENCE RIGHT?! Kay? Kay.)

I walk back in the room and say, "I have my first chemotherapy in a month." I hold back the tears as the reality of this sinks in. We all have a mini party, if you will. A few hours later everyone left, leaving Mitch and me alone. He just comes over and hugs me. "It's okay." He hums Demons softly, while I start singing it.

When you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it's where my demons hide it's where my demons hide...

~~~

*4 Months Later*

~~~

Mitch's POV

She's had to come in for chemo every month. And because of it, her hair is getting thinner. I don't want to lose her. I can't lose her. I've spent every minute she's here beside her. Of course, Lauryn, Ian, Miami, and Jerome come to visit.

While I was sitting beside her this one day, she starts shaking. Horribly. I call the nurse frantically. They come in and move me aside, so I can't see what they do. Then they wheel her bed down the the ICU, and when I try to follow, a nurse keeps me back. "I'm sorry sir, but you can't come back here right now." I take a breath and nod. I get out of the hospital and into my car. I drive to our house and run into our room. I see the small, black velvet box that I need. I rush back to the hospital. They let me back into her new room... in the ICU. I go and sit down waiting for something to happen. A doctor comes in and asks, "Mitchell Hughes?" I get up and follow him out. "I'm sorry, but Aubree has fallen into a deep coma. We're not sure if she'll ever wake up. I truly am sorry." He leaves me alone to let the information sink in. I can't take this. I can't take this anymore.

~~~

Aubree's POV

I feel like I'm floating. That's it. I can hear everything around me: Mitch's voice, the beeping of my heart monior. I can hear the beeping slowing down every day, and there's nothing I can do. I want Mitch. I need Mitch.

Now, the line is beginning to go flat, and I feel myself falling, as if the cloud keeping me up has disappeared.

~~~

Mitch's POV

I have to face it, her heart rate is slowing down. So now is the best time.

"Aubree, if you can hear me, then listen. Don't slip away... just yet. I love you. I love you more than anything. I will admit, the first time I met you, I didn't think I would ever be even close friends with you. And now, you're my girlfriend. And now, I want the liberty of calling you my wife. Will you marry me?" I slip the ring on her finger just as the line goes flat. She's going, going, going... gone.

~~~

After massive amounts of CPR and reviving, they finally get the line up again. They tell me she may not live, but I don't care. I have her back. I have my Aubree back.

~~~

*2 Weeks Later*

~~~

She had squeezed my hand. That's how I knew she really was coming back. Hours later, her eyes fluttered open. "Aubree?" I whisper to her. She turns her head toward me slowly. "Mitch?" I nod. "Yeah, it's me." Her lips turn up into a smile. "Yes." I'm confused. "Yes what?" She manages a small laugh. "Yes, I'll marry you." I smile big at her. "Good, because if you didn't I dunno where I'd be." I lean down and kiss her, which she does back. I have her back. I have my wife back.

~~~

WOW! INTENSE STUFF!!! I'm sorry if I made you cry. Really am. (Actually I'm the evil author! >:D) But yay! Happytimes! Okay I'm done rambling. GO READ SOMETHING ELSE. Kay bye mah Skellys! :D