Chapter 8 [EDITED]

I had called Miami to come help me get ready. She left my hair alone, but wanted to cake a bunch of makeup on my face.

"No! I don't need that much!" I whine at her.

"Aubree. Okay, fine. Just a little eyeliner and mascara?" I nod. I don't wear makeup, so I don't know how to apply it that well. But Miami went to school for it, so she's great at it.

By the time she's done, I look okay. Also, it doesn't feel like I have a bunch of makeup caked on my face.

"Thanks, Madalyn!" When I'm really happy or angry, I call her by her real name. I put on a frilly white top with the fancy open-back thingie. I put on simple skinny jeans. By 7:30, I hear a knock at the door. Miami and I smile at each other as I walk downstairs.

"Hi Mitch." I say when I open the door. He's dressed in semi-formal attire. Jeans and a button-down shirt. Eh. It works.

"Hey. You dyed your hair!" I nod happily.

"Ready?" I nod and he takes me to his car. I but my seat belt on and he starts the car. On the way to the restaurant, a loud beeping starts over the radio, signaling a storm warning.

"Oh Gawd. Please turn it off..." I ask, my voice shaking. He turns the radio down, just as that voice comes announcing what must be a sever storm.

"Thanks." I say quietly.

"What? You don't like those?" I shake my head, staring out the window. The clouds are dark, almost an unhealthy color. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and see a notification signaling a sever thunderstorm watch. I begin to freak a little, because when the warnings are on the TV or radio, they aren't usually severe. But on your phone? Those are bad.

I don't say anything as we pull up to the restaurant, apparently Olive Garden. We go in and get seated. Mitch and I start talking, but I can't help looking out the window at the sky every so often.

"Are you okay?" Mitch asks me. I just nod, but he doesn't seem to buy it. But we continue talking anyway. Soon, just after our food came, I get another notification on my phone.

TORNADO WATCH

~~~

"We have to leave. NOW." I say.

"Why?" He asks, surprised. I show him the message on my phone in answer.

"Yep. Let's go." We leave what we hope is the right amount of money on the table, and leave. We get in the car, and see a funnel begin to spiral down. I start to hyperventilate.

"Aubree, Aubree, just calm down." I shake my head.

"I c-can't. L-Liaps-sophobia..." I say, and I feel myself black out.

When I wake up, I'm in what appears to be a cellar. I hear sirens, the wind howling, and the intense pounding of hail and rail. I also hear some people yelling at each other.

"I DON'T KNOW JEROME! ALL SHE SAID WAS LILAPSOPHOBIA AND THEN SHE BLACKED OUT! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT THAT EVEN IS?!" Mitch yells. I breathe a sigh of relief and crawl over to him.

"Fear of tornadoes." I say with shaky breaths. "I'm still terrified." I say, hugging myself.

Mitch grabs me in a tight hug. "You're okay! Oh, Gawd Aubree. You scared the hell out of me." He says.

"I guess now would be a bad time to say another tornado touched down?" Jerome asks.

"A-Another...?" I say, even more shaky. Mitch nods.

"So far it's been four..." I curl up into fetal position, clamping my hands over my ears.

"Nonononononononononono... shutupshutupshutupshutup..." I repeat.

I hear Mitch say they'd better leave me alone. Yeah, you'd better. Unless you want your hand bitten off, I think.

~~~

Sorry this chapter was short! I have a lot planned for next chapter, so stay tuned!