Chapter 20 - Perfect

You never know the biggest day of your life is the biggest day, not until it's happening. You don't recognize the biggest day of your life, not until you're right in the middle of it. The day you commit to something or someone. The day you get your heart broken. The day you meet your soul mate. The day you realize there's not enough time because you wanna live forever. Those are the biggest days. The perfect days. You know, it was a beautiful day.

📍Paris, the mall

Cristina's POV - 27 weeks pregnant

For two hours I had already tried several dresses but none of them fitted me perfectly, and I wanted this dress to be absolutely perfect.

I was so desperate and I was going to leave but the seller brought me another dress. Okay, you try this one, the last one, and if it doesn't fit, you leave, I said to myself. I had to admit that the dress was really beautiful. It was a strappy sparkly black dress with a V-neckline. It was backless with lace on the edges. Simple but elegant. I tried it and it fitted me perfectly, highlighting my pregnant woman belly.

The seller - That dress looks gorgeous on you.

Me - Thank you, I'll take this one.

The seller - Okay.

After that, I bought a pair of high heels and I came home. I was exhausted. Spend two hours trying dozens of dresses when you're almost 7 months pregnant, it's not easy, and my back was killing me.

———————————————————

📍Paris, Cristina's apartment

Owen's POV

I was cooking lunch when Cristina arrived home but she didn't look in great shape.

Me - Hey honey, how did it go ? Did you find a dress ?

Cristina - Yeah, I found the perfect dress.

Me - Oh, I can't wait to see it... Are you ok ?

Cristina - Yeah, I'm just exhausted and my back hurts so bad.

Me - Come and eat, then I'll rub you down afterwards.

After eating, I started to rub her back, but 5 minutes later, she was falling asleep in my arms. I always loved to watch her sleep, to see her face so peaceful. I could smell the scent of her soft hair. About ten minutes later I finally fell asleep too.

I woke up almost 2 hours later, Cristina was still sleeping in my arms. I kissed her on the forehead. She moved a little, then her eyes flickered and opened.

Me - Hey, do you feel better ?

Cristina - Yeah, how long have I been sleeping ?

Me - 2 hours.

Cristina - Oh, I feel as if I've been asleep forever.

We stayed like that in the bed one more hour, just talking and having a good time. We were fine here, none of us wanted to get up. But we had a date tonight.

Cristina - When are our dinner reservations ?

Me - 7:30.

Cristina - I have to go get ready.

Me - Okay, I'll go in a few minutes.

When Cristina came out of the bathroom a little before we go to the restaurant, I was speechless. She had her hair tied back in a messy bun, a few strands of her curly hair around her face. And her dress, oh my god she looked so gorgeous in her dress. It was a sparkly black dress that fitted her like a glove. The red lipstick she had put underlined her lips perfectly. She was stunning.

Me - I don't know what to say except that you're beautiful and that I have the most beautiful woman in the world in front of me.

She approached me, took my head in her hands and kissed me.

Cristina - I love your suit too.

———————————————————

📍Paris, L'Oiseau Blanc Restaurant

Cristina's POV

The restaurant was perfect, there was a beautiful view over Paris and the food was de-li-cious.

We were leaving the restaurant and it was wonderful.

Owen - We're not going to go home right now.

Me - What do you mean ?

Owen - Come with me, you'll see.

Me - Oh, it's a surprise.

Owen - Yes...

📍Paris, Shangri-La hotel

Owen - I also got us a room in this beautiful hotel.

We went up to our room, which had also a beautiful view on Paris and the Eiffel Tower. There was a big bunch of red roses and he put rose petals on the sheets of the giant bed in the middle of the room. I sat on it and looked at him.

Me - Owen...That's...that's beautiful.

Owen - Really ? Don't you find it's too much ?

Me - No...no I love it.

He took a deep breath, walked over me and started talking.

Owen - Cristina Yang...

Oh my god, he said my last name and he almost never call me like that. What was he going to say ?

Owen - ...since the day I met you, I knew that I will always love you, every day, every minutes and every second of my life. We have been through a lot, and now we're back together and I know that this time it's for life. That's why I'm offering you these roses, like I give myself to you. 'Cause like me they need light, and YOU are my light. Without you I'm dark and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

He took a beautiful ring out of his pocket.

Owen - Cristina Yang, will you marry me ?

I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets,
To carry love, to carry children of our own,
We are still kids, but we're so in love,
Fighting against all odds,
I know we'll be alright this time,
Darling, just hold my hand,
Be my girl, I'll be your man,
I see my future in your eyes.