Chapter 13 - One call away

Did you say it? 'I love you.' 'I don't ever want to live without you.' 'You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow.

2 months later

📍Paris, Cristina's apartment

Cristina's POV - 10 weeks pregnant

Even if I didn't work, I couldn't help but do some research about cardiothoracic surgery and examine surgical cases on my computer.

I had also visited a lot of things in two months and I got used to the Parisian life. Almost every morning I went to the bakery near where I live for croissants. Even if half the time it didn't stay too long in my stomach, because I threw up a few minutes later. The joys of pregnancy.

Other than that, I even sympathised with my downstairs neighbour, Mrs Martin. She's a little old lady. When I got here, she came to welcome me and we talked. I had told her everything, about why I was here alone and knowing no one. From that day, she often invites me at her apartment to drink coffee and make small talk. I think she feels alone, so it doesn't bother me to spend some time with her.

Speaking of which, I was supposed to go see her.

📍Paris, Mrs Martin's apartment

Mrs Martin - Hi Cristina ! I'm happy to see you. How are you and the baby ?

Me - Good morning Mrs Martin. Well, I think we're fine. And you ?

Mrs Martin - Not too bad for an old lady like me. Come in.

Me - Thank you.

Mrs Martin - So, you still didn't call your friends back ?

Me - Er...no, I want to be alone here and I'll go see them when this is all over.

Mrs Martin - I think no one deserve to be alone, especially in your case. You should call your friend, Meredith...or the father of the child you're carrying.

Me - No I can't, not now. Plus, I'll probably won't keep it.

Mrs Martin - Why ?

Me - Because I do not want kids. And the father of this child is thousands of miles away and he is married to another woman.

Mrs Martin - Well, I want you to know that I am here for you whenever you need me, if you wanna talk...

Me - Thank you so much.

———————————————————

📍Seattle, The vent

Owen's POV

Two months. It's been two months since Cristina left somewhere but no one knew where. Why was she doing this ? You can't just leave like that without telling anyone.

Since I got back to Seattle, I got a little out of control. I got upset against everybody, I drank more and more, and I couldn't sleep because she lingered in my mind. I remembered every single moment that we spent together.

When she had her icicle and I kissed her :
Cristina - I...I don't even know you.
Me - So ?

When she saw me :
Me - The only time I don't feel like a ghost is when you look at me, 'cause you look at me, you see me...

The three words that I feel : take care now.

Here, in the vent, when she told me she loved me :
Cristina - I...love...you. [...] I can't breathe...without you.

Our wedding...and our divorce. And so many other times, joyful but also really painful.

Her "disappearance" reminds me the day she left, two years ago, when we looked at each other during a few seconds. But after I turned my face, and when I wanted to look at her again, she was gone. Then, she came back and now she had left me a second time, and it wasn't her fault.

———————————————————

📍Seattle, Meredith's house

Meredith's POV

I was worried about Cristina, I knew she wanted to live her life but she wasn't that kind of person to disappear without warning. I had tried calling her again, lots of times but every time I got her voicemail. I had no other way to contact her, and I had absolutely no idea of where she could be. Shane had not heard from her either.

And when you're weak I'll be strong
I'm gonna keep holding on
Now don't you worry, it won't be long
Darling, if you feel like hope is gone
Just run into my arms
I'm only one call away.