~Chapter Seventeen~

Start from the beginning

"What was that all about?" Shayne asked irritatedly.

"That was Jagger, not winning." Colin chuckled, as he planted a kiss on Bianca's lips.

"Oh well, don't let it worry you. Let's enjoy our evening. I could care less about the Winthrop's, to be honest." Shayne had a misbehaving grin on his handsome face, as he dipped his shrimp in the cocktail sauce.

                                                                 *****

Shayne

I couldn't enjoy my dinner with Alexa. We sat and talked, but I didn't hear a word that she was saying. Sabine looked so incredible, it was hard to take my eyes off of her. I realized how much I had missed her. And that I had never missed anyone, like that before.

I saw Sabine's lips moving across the table, as she was talking. I was mesmerized by all the intricate details, that made up her face. Her dress was breathtaking. I was on the fence, with her low cut back. I wanted to give her my suit jacket, and cover her dress up. So no one could look at her. I was fuming, when Skyler touched her back.

She is quite an enigma. She has both an outer and inner beauty, that she hides with her fiery, quick wit. But she is also intriguing, extraordinary, and I'm finding it hard not to love her.

"Okay everyone, the dance floor is officially open. Let's give the bride and groom our applause." The DJ announced.

The first song he played to start the evening was Perfect, by Ed Sheeran. Sabine stopped conversing immediately, and blinked. I remembered this was her favorite song, from the night I brought Mexican food for dinner to her apartment. That was when I began to fall in love with her.

We both dared to glance across the table at each other. I mouthed to her, "You look perfect, tonight." She had an instant flush to her cheeks.

Her beautiful ebony eyes stared at me in amazement. At that point, I didn't care anymore. I got up, left my seat, and Alexa behind.

"May I have this dance, Miss Harlow?" I extended my hand. And peered into her engaging, flustered eyes.

"I'd love nothing more." She took my hand, and followed me to the dance floor.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and we started a slow dance, swaying to the music. I felt the rhythmical pounding of her heart, and mine as well. She placed her arms around my neck and I met her gaze. "Darling, you look perfect tonight. I love your dress," I spoke with my lips close, next to her ear.

She teared up. "Thank you, and you look incredible yourself." She put her head on my shoulder, as we continued swaying to this song. I now think of it, as our song.

I started singing the song to her, in her ear. "I don't deserve this, darling you look perfect tonight." I don't know what got into me. She affects me in ways beyond my imagination and control. I never knew that she would be the one to capture my heart.

Apparently, we had an audience. I looked up and everyone had stopped dancing. They were watching the two of us on the dance floor. No one, had ever seen this side of me, including me.

My brother gave me a thumbs up, with a broad smile of pride. Bianca, Kendall, Sheila, and Andrea were all wiping away tears from their eyes. Grey, Brody, and Colton were all astonished, while conversing with their wives. Alexa looked outdone, and Skyler was headed our way. He had a clenched fist, and an angry expression on his face.

Sabine lifted her head. "Shayne, everyone is watching us dance to this song."

"I know. This must be our song." I bent my head and gave her a slow soft kiss on her lips. I kissed her in front of all of the guests, before Skyler could get to us. I couldn't resist kissing her.