Chapter 33: Reality Check

Koleen's POV:

I woke up to my parents arguing, which was bizarre because they rarely fought.

I quickly changed into some jeggings and a pink sweatshirt then went downstairs to check it out, but by the time I was in the living room, my mom was already out the front door, slamming it shut.

I cringed, then went to the kitchen to see my dad deep in thought.

"What was that about?" I asked as I pulled out some rice cakes from the little closet we had to store boxed food.

He jumped in surprise then answered, "Oh. No. Nothing honey everything is fine. Your mother and I just had a litte disagreement, that's all."

I raised my eyebrow up in confusion," Well it must've been a big thing if she slammed the door so hard on her way out."

He smiled, a fake smile. "You know how dramatic she is."

I chuckled, "Yeah, that pretty much sums her up."

"Well, I gotta head over to work. I'm already alittle late because of the argument. See you tonight pumpkin." He kissed me on the cheeck then left.

"Goodbye Dad."

I wasn't really sure if I should look into the argument or just forget about it, because my dad looked pretty upset, but then again maybe that's how arguments are with your beloved.
I mean who am I to judge when I'm single as fuck.

Are you tho? I thought to myself, but then shook the thought away.

Bryson was nothing.

○○○

As I walked out of Calculus, shaken, and confused, I noticed someone ahead of me.

His brown hair, and broad shoulders stood out to me, and I couldn't believe it was him because he hasn't even showed up to school since the dance.

I raced after him anyways, I don't even know why.

I mean what would I even say, "Hey, I haven't seen you since we danced, how are you?"

That just sounds so awkward in my head. Ugh.

Right as I was just a few steps away, Sean got in front of me.

"Hey, hot stuff."

I looked up at him, gave him a disgusted face, then tried to walk past him, but he pushed me back.

"Seriously? Get the hell out of my way Sean." I tried again, but again, he pushed me back.

"I don't think so. You think just because I let you beat my ass that we're through? I'm not letting you go that easy, freak." He winked and tried to grab me, but I ducked and shoved him making him loose his balance and fall in the middle of the hallway.

Everyone laughed and pointed, but Sean was so angry that when he told everyone to shut up, they did.

"You shouldn't have done that Leen!" He yelled after I kept walking to my next class.