Chapter 61: Plan

Bryson's POV:

I had a plan.
I didn't know if it would work.
But it was a plan.

I needed help though, and I was scared to ask for it.

I met up with Brian after practice.
Told him I needed to talk to him.

It took me an hour for me to get the courage to speak up, we just ate our meal quietly.
Brian didn't seem to mind though, he waited patiently for me to talk to him.

It was like he sensed it was a hard subject.

"I'm not wasting  your time I promise. I do have something to tell you."  I tell him.

"Hey man, spending time with you is never a waste of  my time. I love spending time with you."

"Right, you say that because you know you're getting a free meal out of me right now."

"So are we getting dessert  after this? There will be dessert right?" Brian teases me.

"Yes. There will be dessert."

"Sweeet!"

"So," I took one long sip of my drink feeling nervous for what I was about to unpack to him. "I need help."

"Hey man, you didn't have to take me out for a meal if you just wanted the answers to calculus! I got you bro, I'll send them to you when I get home."

"No, Brian this is a serious topic. Maybe we shouldn't even talk about it in a public restaurant right now..."

"You're scaring me dude." Brian looks at me wide eyed waiting for me to continue.

"I've told you about my mom, she went missing, and now it's been discovered she's been murdered..."

Brian's  concerned look softened , "yeah man, I'm sorry about that. You ready to talk about it?"

"Yes. No. Well, I'm not ready to tap into my emotions. It's something else, I think I know who murdered her...."

"You think? You told me the police are still investigating, how do you know?"

"I think..." I was afraid to say it. 
I was afraid to say it out loud.
I didn't know why, was I afraid of him ?
Yes. I was afraid he'd get rid of me too, if he knew what I was doing.

But I think deep down, I was also afraid to loose the only parent I had left...

The thought of him taking away my own mother though, fueled my hatred for him further.

"I think my dad did it."
The silence was loud.  I finally said it out loud, and it felt more real.
I immediately felt nauseous, and sick all over again.

Brian looked at me with wide eyes, "What? Now come on Bryson. I know you, and your father don't have the greatest relationship, but I don't think he's capable of murdering someone. Especially your own mother, who was his wife once. It's crazy."

"I know it's crazy Brian! But listen!" I tried explaining to him everything I know in exact detail. 

His face grew serious more, and more and by the end of it his face paled.