Chapter One: Ugly Boys.

I stare at myself displeased in the body mirror.

I'd give anything to be slim and thin.

Instead I had two short legs that were like wooden logs, and a stomach that was not so tiny and flat.
Struggling to find pants for my stubby legs was the reason I hated wearing such restricting jeans, and having shorts that rise up when you run was embarrassing.

I craved to have a tall thin figure.

Like what I see in magazines, and around my stupid stuck up high school.

The girls at school always left comments on my body, and you'd think I'd be used to it by now but it still hurt.

I wanted to switch with someone else, but it's hopeless to wish for that. My life wasn't a movie after all with witches or magic.

I sighed unsatisfied and hid myself in an oversized t-shirt, and black jeggings.

"Koleen! Hurry up, I do not want another tardy slip from you!" My mom yelled annoyed and frustrated from downstairs.

Getting frustrated myself, I quickly snatched my backpack and gym bag, then headed down.

"Honestly Leen," My mom began with the lectures. "I don't see why you take so long to get ready if you don't even dress nice,"

Here we go again.

"All you dress in is leggings-"

"It's Jeggings mom!"  I corrected her rolling my eyes.

She rolled her brown eyes, "And oversized t-shirts. You have so many nice clothes, and this is your senior year, why don't you try to dress nice for once?"

"Because I want to dress comfortably to school, and the reason I take so long is  because I do my hair." I stroked my soft silky hair, it was one of the things I liked about myself, having long hair. I promised myself to never cut it.

My mom pinned up her black hair with a pin then handed me my keys.

"I don't want you getting into an accident this school year, drive carefully." She tells me.

I smiled down at them.

I finally got my own car during the weekend.
Before, I'd always have to borrow my parents car or get rides from friends, but because I'm going to college soon, "You're gonna need it."  They'd say.

My only hope for this year is that it is full of educational, and sports achievements, even though the first weeks of school sucked. 

All the girls had a thin, bikini body frame, while I (although I worked my butt off that summer) had  the opposite of course.

My school was filled with skinny girls that were at least a size zero. 

To me they all looked like they didn't go above a four.

I always felt like an outsider. For years I'd beg my mom to move back to my old school, but she would never allow it.

After freshman year, my self esteem only worsened.
At least back in my old school I'd have friends with problems that related to mine, but entering school sophomore year I only felt worse about myself.

The friends I had now would always try to make me feel better by telling me I have a sexy body, and that I'm hotter, but I know they only say that to cheer me up.

Pulling me from my thoughts, I heard my phone ring.

"Answer call." I say through my phone's Bluetooth connection with the car, hoping it wasn't my mother.