Chapter 57: Again.

Bryson's POV:

It's been a month since I broke up with her.
A month and nothing has happened.
Everything still hurts.

It feels like the police are doing nothing to help the investigation with my mom, and it frustrates me so much.

I just want answers.

It didn't even help whatsoever being locked up in school, learning things that didn't even matter to me at the moment.

The only thing that both hurt, and made me happy, was seeing her.

Especially in class, I didn't sit in her table anymore, but being in the same room with her at lest makes things not so shitty.

Sometimes I felt the urge to apologize, and get her back.

But I've come to the conclusion that maybe her life was better without me in it.

I was too messed up for her.

I didn't want to bring her down with me.

In lunch, when I sat with Brian and the rest of the team, I'd always steal glances at her.

Sometimes Brian would notice, but I pretended not to notice that he noticed.

Today unfortunately, the asshole Dominic noticed.

He stared too and asked, "So Anders, when are you going to tell us about her?"

All the other boys stared too.

"Hasn't it been a while? You already broke up with her so what's the problem? We want to know the details."

Everyone else agreed, and kept asking me as well.

My blood boiled.

"Just let it go Ramirez." Brian interjected.

"Nah nah, he's told us about every other girl, what's the problem with this one? You already broke up with her, so it must've been that good to commit to in the first place." Dominic argued.

I stayed quiet.

If I answered either way he'd talk shit.

I  got up to leave the table, and left them talking to themselves.

I don't know why I sat with them in the first place.

I should've just asked Brian to eat alone without them.

Even though I was the captain they just loved to follow his ass.

They're all idiots.

"Hey man don't let them get to you." Brian says next to me with his hand on my shoulder.

"Fuck! Why was I such an ass before man?! I don't want them near her!"

"I know man, but maybe it would've been better if you spoke up."