12

12- "I'm surrounded by idiots." – Scar, The Lion King

I grin at Wonder who was sitting in front of me. We went out after school for som coffee, not because I liked it but because she said she was dying for a frappe. We sat down near the window and sipped our drinks. I got a caramel iced coffee while she got a vanilla bean frappe. "You know what I hate?" She ponders.

I lean on my hand and ask, "What?"

"People."

I quirk an eyebrow. "Elaborate."

Wonder sets her drink down and starts to explain. "Okay. There are billons of people on the earth, right." I nod. "And each person has a different personality or aspiration or just life. Even though I'll never meet all those people, I will meet a few, you never know who those people are really. They could grow up to be serial killers or tree huggers. Everyone is different so it's complicated. I hate that it is complicated."

I look at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Without that life would be boring as fuck. Why are you even thinking about that."

She shrugs, "I don't know. I-I just-" Her eyes widen, "Jason duck your head." She whispers.

I look at her with confusion. "Huh why?" Her eyes widen when she looks behind me.

"I know that guy and I don't want to speak with him. I need to avoid an awkward conversation." She whipers quickly. "He was in my foster home and when I left I didn't leave it on good terms."

Somthing balls up in my stomach, "You guys dated?"

"No!" She ensures me making me get less tense. I need to stop getting jealous like that, it looks obsessive. She ducks her head and rests on her arms trying not be seen but it didn't work out because someone called her name.

I frown and turn around. A guy that was well built with tattoos going all the way up his arms until his neck. He had pale skin and black hair that contrasted. His eyes flickered from me to Wonder. "Wonder?" He asks.

"Xavier." She mumbles.

Out of nowhere someone yells, "Christian!"

Xavier groans running his hand down his face. Guy comes in after him along with a girl that had a wild curly brown hair. "Guys didn't I tell you to stay in the car?" He says to them calmly but it was clear he was irritated.

Christian shrugs, " And let you deal with all the drama? No way. Molly here was begging me to come with her in here, I tried to tell her not to. Right babe?" He slings his arm over the girls shoulder. But then she pushes him away.

"Oh shut the fuck up." Molly groans. Her eyes flicker to Wonder, "So this is her?"

Xavier clears gusta throat, "How have you been?" He asks suddenly.

Wonder tucks a strand of hair behind her ear averting her eyes towards me. "I've been doing good. How about you, when you leave the foster home?" She asks.

"A few weeks after you. I did try call you but I never got through." His deep voice mumbles.

She looks down at her hands, "Yeah I got my number changed." She pauses, "I'm really sorry I left like that, but you have to understand I needed to get out of there." Wonder tells him.

Xavier frowns, "Yeah I get it. I wanted to out of that house as much as you did." He turns to me, "Who's he?"

Wonder smiles, "This is Jason." Her boyfriend.

Xavier eyes me up and down before leaning closer to me. "You hurt her and I hurt your balls." He whispered protectively.

"I wouldn't dream of it, " I'm starting to realize he isn't much of a threat, I think he sees her as a sister not a girlfriend. His friends sit down soon after the conversation got less tense.

Christian smirked, "Xavier buy me some Coffee." He begins to open his mouth to protest but Christian cuts him off. "Tsk tsk, you don't want me to tell Wonder here about-"

"Fine!" He gets up abruptly and walks over to the counter room order his friend a drink.

Molly didn't talk much, I think she was mad at Christian about something. He looked at her in amused expression and groaned. "Guys tell Molly to stop being such a downer."

"I wouldn't be like this if you didn't have your tongue five feet down that girls throat yesterday." She spits. Then it all starts to click, Molly and Christian are a thing- kinda.

He frowned, "Molly you don't want me. I'm a non committal asshole."

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest. " Right, I think I forgot you can't ever keep it in your pants." She grits out.

Wonder speaks up when Christian gets up and walks over to Xavier who was still by the counter. "Don't give up Molly. Trust me, he's stupid if he doesn't want you. You're beautiful, you have gorgeous hair like come one. He'd be dumb if he pushes you away." Wonder explains to her.

Molly pouts, "I just don't get it, no matter what it does he's hell bent on proving he wants any get except me." She looks down at her hands.

Wonder glances at me, "Prove to him that if he keeps on stringing you along then he'll never have the chance with you."

A wicked grins surfaces on Molly's face. "Like make him jealous."

"Show him what's he's missing." She continues.

Molly grins at Wonder, "I think we are going to be great friends."