3

3- "Ladies do not start fights, but they can finish them."

-Walt Disney

"Wonder, un hey." I glance a my friends who were eyeing me curious on what the hell was going on. I get up from the booth and talk to Wonder. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

Her hands lace each other as she speaks. "We went to our friends house for a party but there was no food there so we came here. I was starving." She smiles softly.

"The pizzas here is amazing." I tell her honestly.

Wonder's eyes flicker to the menu that was mounted on the wall. She reads a few options before telling me. "Oo the meat lovers sounds amazing right now." She gushes.

Surprising me I grin, "That's what I ordered, I love meat lovers. I'm sure you'll like it." This was weird for me, I never socialized with anyone but my friends. And most of the time I act like I hate them.

She's about to say something but her friend from earlier pops out of absolute nowhere. Internally groaning I watch as she wraps an arms around Wonder's shoulders lazily. "Oh Jason right. Remember me, I'm Nadia." She says sweetly.

I don't like her.

Fake ass barbie doll isn't my type.

"Right, Wonder enjoy your pizza." I begin to walk back to my seat but someone catches their hand in the crook of my arm. I grit out, "What?"

Nadia smiles at me, "How about you get some drinks with us after this? Get to know each other?" She winks at me flirtatiously.

I shrug, "No thanks. I'm not interested."

This girl is too damn persistent." Oh come on, don't be such a buzz kill. Tell him Wonder to stop being such a buzz kill." She says obnoxiously.

I scowl crossing my arms over my chest. Wonder glares at Nadia, "Oh stop it Nadia. Just find another guy, this guy isn't falling for it." She tries to tell her.

Nadia challenges me with her eyes. She slightly narrowed them and let her tongue dampen her lips. "Well I want this one."

"I'm not interested in controlling psycho bitches." Nadia's smile turns tight and forced. The rejection hitting her like a slap in the face.

Wonder stares at me wide eyed. I don't think Nadia's giving up though, "So what's your type then, I'm sure I can conform." Okay this was starting to make me sick.

"Your desperate and pathetic. I'm. Not. Fucking. Interested. Or do I need to spell of out for you?" I say sharply punctuating each word. I don't understand why Wonder is friends with this chick.

Nadia frowns and crosses her arms over her chest. "Fine, then piss off." She waves hand dismissively.

I shrug and go back to sit down with my friends. They were begging me to tell them what that was all about but all I did was sit down and wait for our pizza to come.

Shortly after our pizza arrived something else did too. The grin on Hadley's face said it all.

Ace was back.

****

That night was fun, we ended up relocating to the bar that was down the street. The pizzeria was either getting sick off us loitering around or it was closing time.

Ace told us all about his adventures in Seattle and how he found a girl he wanted to be with. It was nice, I actually enjoyed myself.

Slightly tipsy from the alcohol in my system I decide to take a walk peacefully, because just most thinking the high doesn't last forever.

I run a hand through my hair as the chilly breeze hits my face. My eye catches sight of someone familiar. "Wonder." I breath out.

Her head turns quickly, her hand still gripping her ponytail. She was attempting to get it out of her face, which was really red. Her eyes widen when they see me, "Hi Jason." It doesn't take long for her to make her way over to me.

I find myself not knowing what to say around this girl. "Did you enjoy your night?" I mumble.

She nods eagerly, "It was alot of fun, even though that's what I do most of the week anyways. Maybe it was because you were there." Wonder's face turns red and her shoulders tense, I knew she regretted what she just said.

"It was fun." I felt the urge to invite her to hang out sometime but that was out of my character and I knew it was just the alcohol talking

I frown as she fiddles with her hands nervously. She blurts out, "I'm sorry about Nadia. She can be forward and bit of a b-"

I cut her off, "Bitch?"

Wonder chcukles." Yeah, and if I'm going to be honest with you I don't like her much." She tells me, I understand because who would like that annoying flea.

I nod, "Then why do you hang out with her?"

She purses her lips making her dimples indent in her cheeks. Her hazel eyes flicker to lips then back to my eyes. "How about I tell you about that over a drink?" She offers.

The corners of my mouth quirk upwards quickly, "Wonder are you trying to seduce me? Buy me a drink then-" I tease.

Her face turns bright red then her eyes narrow. "Oh shut up." She smiles.

We walk over to a bar that was nearby. Wonder led me over to it and ordered us a drinks. She sat next to me and turned to face me. "I met Nadia in third grade. She was a sweet, caring little girl. People used to bully me about my name but then she stuck up for me. At first I didn't want to be her friend, I was jealous of her. She was popular and social. While I was the awkward girl you could hardly tell was a girl. However she didn't give up on me, she helped me through everything. Now that we're older it's kinda different. All she wants to do is party, go out. It's not the same anymore, she's become mean and pushy. But I can't leave her, because she's my best friend." She tells me, I'm surprised she actually told me all that. I've only just met her.

However, Wonder didn't seem to care. "I feel like I can trust you." She blurts out.

I let out a grunt of recognition as I take a gulp of the alcohol. We sit in a comfortable silence for a few minutes then I say, "I like your name."

A smile aches across her face broadly, "Really?"

"Yeah."