4

4- "Bad things happen, and you can't do anything about it."
-Walt Disney

I walk into the kitchen and spot my mother sitting at the Island flipping through a magazine carelessly. She had a bright pink wig on with a barre on top. I walk over to her and give her kiss on the forehead. "Morning mom." I murmur.

She looks up at me with a smile. "Morning Jase." She pauses, "Your dad wants to know if you want to go to work with him." My face drops.

"No, I have plans." I did not want to go to work him. I hate going to the hospital, I'm there way too much for my liking.

"Jason your father would really like it if you went. " She tries to convince me, but I already have my mind set on not going. I'm not going to persuaded into changing much mind.

I grit out stubbornly, "Well I don't give a shit."

My mom narrows her eyes wanting to stab me with a knife."Jason! I may have cancer but I still know how to hit you with a belt." She scolds me

I roll my eyes, "I'm going out, don't forget to take your medication." I wanted to get out of here, all the talk about hospitals was starting to make me sick.

When I get out the door I turn to lock it, I freeze when I hear a loud groan. "Please Chase, let me in! I apologized! I forgot okay, It won't happen again." Wonder's voice is all it takes for me to avert my attention to her.

She was slumped against the door 4 doors away from me. She hadn't spot me yet, her hazel eyes were squeezed shut and I could see tears running down her cheeks. "Chase! Come on I'm tired of this." Wonder pauses, "I do have an option you know! I can say how I feel, I can say no!"

I honestly had no clue what she was talking about. I watch as her hands grip her cotton blue boy shorts. I examine what she was wearing, a small tank top and shorts, her hair was up in a him but it was messy so some hairs were poking out oddly.

Wonder slides down the door and pushes her head into her hands. My feet start moving before my mind does. "Hey,"

She trails her eyes up to mine and watches me with parted lips that were slightly cracked. She added moisture to them by licking her lips before saying, "Jason."

"Are you alright?" I ask her, not wanting it to seem like I'm looking down at her, I slide down the wall and sit next to her.

She gulps a before baring a tight smile that was obviously forced. "My friend thinks it's funny to lock me out, that's all its just a joke." She forces out a laugh.

"Then why are you crying?" She touches her cheeks and frowns

Wonder quickly sits on he rands to stop them from trembling. " Oh I didn't realize." She says grinding her teeth together.

And then she told me the biggest lie ever.

"I'm fine, I promise."

I then get up and go back into my house leaving her outside of her door. If she doesn't want help then I won't give her any. Her eyes wanted me to stay but the words didn't make it out her mouth in time.

This girl was strange, she was different and she didn't wear her emotions on her sleeve. She has
facade that is so complex and deceitful that it pulls fool anyone.

*****

It's short but I promise they will get longer.